Chapter 43 (real ending)

This is the real ending okay? Sorry for the alternative one lmaoo. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH *sobs*

[song rec: chlorine - twenty one pilots or drink - destroy boys]

Clay woke up the next morning with a happy feeling bubbling in his stomach.

But he also felt like something was wrong.

Brushing that aside, he sat up on his bed and took a look at his nearly empty bedroom before getting out of his bed.

He put his only change of clothes on and took his suitcase as well before leaving his bedroom and going to the bathroom to brush his teeth, comb his hair and wash his face all for the last time in this house.

Skipping breakfast and sending a final goodbye to his father who probably didn't hear it since he was still blacked out at 10am, he left his house with his suitcase in one hand and his keys in the other.

He took one last look at the house he had lived in for the last year or so, and before he went to his car he spit in the front garden, hoping that it'd explain his hatred for the events that had happened during his time in that house.

"Go to hell," he muttered as he walked to his car and put his suitcase into the trunk of the car, next to George's.

Once he was all set in his car, he started it and pulled out of the driveway and went his way to the school building.

He got to the school quicker than he thought and parked his car outside of the brick building, spotting a couple of his friends leaving their own or their parents cars at the same time as him.

"Nick!" Clay called as he spotted the ravenhead and his brunette boyfriend walking together to the school.

"Hi, Clay!" Nick perked, Karl sending the blonde a wide, toothy smile and a wave.

"How's George coming here, do you know that?" Karl asked.

Clay shrugged and with that their conversation died down, the three walking together into the school and to the school's auditorium, all sitting down there together.

The blonde was relaxed the whole time they had to wait, not paying mind to the fact that George hadn't shown up yet, even though there were only a few minutes before the graduation ceremony would be held.

But once he checked his watch and saw that there were only about five minutes until the ceremony started, he started to get concerned. Or maybe stressed? Or a large mixture of both?

Definitely both.

"Where's George?" Clay whispered to Karl and Nick, both of them shrugging cluelessly.

"He must've just slept in," Karl said.

Nick nodded in agreement with the slightly taller boy. "Or he's running late."

Clay nodded unsurely, leaning back into his chair and biting his lip.

"The most important thing is that he's probably safe, alright?" Karl assured, getting another nervous nod from the blonde.

He was safe. Clay was sure of that. He must be

____

George got woken up the next morning by his mother calling for him to get downstairs.

With a yawn, he sat up on his bed and kicked his legs over the bed frame, his feet gently meeting the floor as he got ready to stand up.

Once he was on his feet, he put his only change of clothes on, which was a large t-shirt with a white button up underneath, a black pair of quite wide jeans and just some plain socks, and threw his sleepwear into the corner of his room.