Chapter 42

Okay, so this is kinda fucked but... in this story they graduate at 16, so yeah... this is the next last chapter. Or at least I think so. If not, 😩🔫

[song rec: boys don't cry - the cure]

Day before graduation.

Clay was absolutely pissing himself, both from nerves and excitement.

He had packed all of his stuff that he planned on taking with him during the week so he'd be prepared on the day of graduation.

George had also helped a bit, if lying down on clays bed distracting the other counted as helping. Clay had told George it wasn't but the shorter insisted it was.

Clay was on his way to school, the joyful brunette walking beside him with a bright smile on his face, striking up conversation about every other thing he thought of.

"Are you excited?" George asked, swinging the two's hands back and forth.

Clay smiled as he looked down at the shorter one. "To leave this god forsaken town? Uh, yes, yes I am. And with you? Even more excited."

George chuckled, bumping his shoulder against the tallers. "Me too, I've barely gone out of this shithole."

"Really? Have you never left here?" Clay asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I have, idiot, remember on my birthday?" George said.

"Oh yeah," Clay hummed. "Still."

"My parents are always working and I was never allowed to go out of town with my friends," George explained. "So I've barely left."

"Oh," Clay breathed out, running his thumb over the brunette's knuckles.

As they walked through the school's courtyard, plenty of dirty looks from their schoolmates were sent their way as they walked up to the rest of their friend group who stood by the tree.

"Hey, guys!" George called, waving his unoccupied hand to his friends.

"Hi!" Karl beamed, smiling brightly.

As they waited for the bell to ring, they made small talk with the whole group, Alex being unusually quiet but no one really taking notice of it.

But once the bell rang, the group split up, Bad and Alex heading together, Skeppy, Nick and Clay one direction and Karl and George together.

"I can't honking wait to leave," Karl said, tugging on the shorter boy's sleeve. "This is so exiting!"

"I know!" George said. "But we shouldn't really talk about it here in case... you know."

Karl nodded and led them inside of the classroom, their elbows hooked together. "Yeah," the taller hummed as they sat down next to each other.

______

The day had been going by slowly, they weren't really doing anything other than relaxing, basically, having small chats with their friends and stuff.

So that meant that lunch had now rolled around, sooner than anyone expected, and the whole group of friends was now sitting down together around one of the largest tables in the cafeteria.

"We haven't really planned how we're leaving," Bad pointed out, his eyes skimming over the group.

"Karl and I come on our cars and... you're right," Clay said. "But! We only need to figure the car thing out, or how to fit us into two cars."

"I'm going with Clay!" George perked up, straightening his back and pointing his finger up to emphasize his sentence.

"Well, I'm obviously going with Karl." Nick said.