Chapter 29

[song rec: taunt - lovejoy]

"What am I supposed to wear?" George asked, throwing almost every individual piece of clothing he owned onto his bed.

"What do you usually wear to your friend's birthday?" Clay asked, spinning in circles on George's desk chair.

"I don't know!" George said, "I barely go out!"

"You just wear something that's a little more formal than your everyday wear." Clay said.

George nodded and dug through the pile of clothes in his bed, trying to find something appropriate for a 'party'.

"Is this good?" George asked, signalling down to his outfit.

He was now wearing blue, baggy jeans with rips on the knees and a couple of patches, cuffed at the bottom, a black t-shirt which he tucked into the jeans, using a black leather belt to hold them up.

To top off the outfit he was wearing a light brown and oversized cardigan, leaving it unbuttoned, and a pair of purple high top converse shoes.

If Clay could say so himself, he was fucking hot.

"You look hot." Clay said with a smirk.

George's face reddened and he put his hands up to his face to cover the blush. "Shut up," George whined.

Clay chuckled and stood up, walking up to George and wrapping his arms around him.

"Can't deny the facts," Clay said, rocking him and George slightly.

"Yeah, you can." George said, but Clay could barely hear it due to George's hands still covering his face and also because his face was now buried in chest.

"No I can't," Clay said, "But can we go over to my house now? I also have to get ready."

George nodded and Clay loosened the grip around him, but still held onto him.

"I have to go out the front door, okay? You go out the window." George said as he walked up to his bedroom door and unlocked it.

"See you in a bit." Clay whispered as George opened the door and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him and making sure to lock it so his parents wouldn't mess his room up again.

He walked down the stairs, taking light steps to be as silent as possible.

He made it to the front door without anyone noticing him and opened the front door, accidentally not making sure to be quiet enough.

"Where are you going, George?"

George rolled his eyes and turned around, locking eyes with his mother.

"Out. Nicks hosting his birthday party." George explained, "Can I go now?"

She scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "You can't go out wearing that. It makes you look gay." She said.

George looked to the side with a confused expression. "Well, so am I. Now, go fuck yourself." George said holding up his middle finger as he walked out the front door and slammed it behind him.

As he walked out of the garden he felt a hand grab his elbow and link their arms, knowing fully who it was.

"Hey." George said, laying his head on Clay's shoulder, "Can you please tell me you brought your car."

"I uh, no. I didn't." Clay said, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand, "Sorry."

"It's okay, I can do this." George assured.