Chapter 18

[omg I'm such an idiot so here:
Song recommendation: I threw glass at my friends eyes and now I'm on probation by destroy boys]

Halloween.

George had never really liked halloween, troubled teens pulling pranks, children threatening you for candy, etcetera, etcetera.

To the rest of his friends it was a fun day where you could get free candy and dress up in costumes, maybe go to a party but, just maybe.

This year it was on a Saturday, meaning that George wouldn't have to go to school today, cheering him up a little.

Something that cheered him up a little bit more was that he remembered that his 16th birthday was tomorrow!

"George!" His mother called from downstairs, "Karl's calling!"

George shot up from his bed and ran down the stairs to the telephone.

"Hi!" George beamed with a bright smile on his face.

"Hey!" Karl greeted back, "So I was wondering if we could, like, have a sleepover tonight with our friend group at my house, mom's gone out of time with my brother, so we could have the house to ourselves."

"Sure!" George said, "At what time should I get to yours?"

"Just this afternoon or something, I'll let the others know!" Karl said.

"Okay, see you then!" George said and hung up, hanging the phone back onto the wall. (it's like the door phone ig)

"What did Karl want?" His mother asked from the kitchen.

"Oh, yeah! We're having a sleepover tonight at Karl's." George said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Oh, that's nice of him! Gives us a little bit more time to get you your birthday present." His mother said, "Sit down, breakfast will be ready in 5,"

___________

"Clay! Get your ass down here, someone's calling you!"

Clay opened his eyes slowly and tried to rub the tiredness out of them as he sat up on his bed.

"Clay!" His father reminded him.

"I'm coming!" Clay yelled back with an annoyed tone.

"Don't give me that tone, boy!" His father yelled.

"Yeah, yeah," Clay muttered and stood up from his bed.

He quickly made his way downstairs to the phone, his dad passing the handset into Clay's hand.

"Hello?"

"Hi! It's Karl!" Was said with a cheery tone on the other end of the line.

"Oh, hi Karl! What's up?" Clay asked, confused of why Karl was calling him at 10 in the morning.

"I'm having a sleepover, since it's like, halloween today and George's birthday tomorrow, at my house. If you can come, come when you want!"

"Yeah, sure! I'll come! But wait, is George's birthday tomorrow?" Clay asked, surprised why George never told him that his birthday was upcoming.

"Yeah! Didn't he tell you?" Karl asked, his own voice carrying a surprised tone.

"No, no he didn't." Clay said.

"Oh, too bad." Karl said.

Clay scoffed playfully and rolled his eyes. "I have to buy him a present!" Clay suddenly yelled.

"I haven't either. Want to go to the mall?" Karl asked.

"Sure, should we bring Alex and Nick?" Clay said.