Chapter 26

(TW: ed, mentions of abuse)
[song recommendation: my smile is extinct - Kane strang]

Clay stopped the car in his driveway and got out, George copying the taller.

The blonde opened the front door, and thankfully since it was only around ten-thirty am, no one was home.

"Did you eat breakfast?" Clay asked as they got their shoes and jackets off and headed to the kitchen.

"No, I wasn't hungry," George said, jumping up onto one of the counters, sitting down comfortably there.

"Want something to eat now?" Clay asked, opening his fridge to see what his family had to offer.

George shook his head and pulled his legs close to his chest. "No, not really." George said, leaning his head back so it rested on the wall behind him.

Clay closed his fridge and looked at George, raising one of his eyebrows. "You sure? When was the last time you ate?" the blonde asked curiously and leaned against the fridge.

The brunette shot his head up and looked at Clay in a strange way that Clay didn't really know the meaning of.

"Why does that matter?" George asked defensively.

Clay sighed. "George, you have to eat. That's what matters," the blonde said.

"It's only around eleven am anyway," George protested, crossing his arms over his chest.

"That doesn't matter, baby. What matters is that you eat." Clay said, "Besides that, I'd really like to know why you were in such a bad mood this morning."

George huffed, a hurt expression forming onto his face as he glared at the blonde.

"None of your business." George hissed and looked away, his eyes shooting lasers.

"George." Clay said with a demanding tone, "It is my business. You're my boyfriend and I care, so yes, it does matter."

"Can we talk about it later, I don't really feel good right now," George said.

"So we are going to talk?" Clay asked.

George shrugged, his eyes gazing onto the floor. "I mean, I guess you deserve to know. I just don't really feel good right now." George softly said, his voice just above a whisper.

"It's okay, Georgie. We can go upstairs and take a nap for a little bit," Clay said softly, walking up to where George sat on the counter, putting his hands on either side of the brunette.

"I'd like that. I haven't been sleeping well the whole break," George said as Clay wrapped his arms around George's waist and picked him up from the counter, carrying him up to his room.

______

George's eyes fluttered open as the rain pattered loudly on the window beside him.

He looked over his shoulder to see Clay lying there fast asleep, his lips slightly parted and soft snores escaping them.

George turned his head back around and kept his stare on the small space that was between the window sill and the bed.

He felt the taller shuffle behind him, slightly tightening the grip around George's waist before releasing it again, a deep sigh coming from the blonde.

"Mmm, good morning," Clay mumbled, his voice sending shivers down George's spine.

"It's noon," George said, struggling to turn around in Clay's grip to face him.

"Really?" Clay asked, removing one of his hands from around George's to rub his eyes.

"Mhm," George said and nodded lazily, tracing shapes onto the blondes upper arm.