Chapter 30

[song rec: love me like you - the magic numbers]

The music from the record player played softly through the living room as Nick, Clay, Alex, Zak, Darryl and the rest of Nick's friends sat there in awkward silence.

Clay stood up from the couch, kind of breaking the awkward atmosphere.

"Nick, can you come with me for a sec?" Clay asked, walking towards the entry of the room they were in.

Nick nodded and stood up looking shamefully down at the floor shamefully.

He felt like a child being sent to the principal's office for doing something stupid.

When Nick walked out of the room, Clay grabbed his sleeve and dragged him down the stairs to the basement where Nick's bedroom was and closed the door behind them.

"Nick, what the fuck was that?!" Clay scolded in a whisper-yelling tone.

"I don't know!" Nick hissed back, "I just didn't want them to see me kiss Karl..."

Clay scoffed and rolled his eyes, Nick was such an idiot. "It was a dare. They wouldnt just think that youre gay because you kissed him on the cheek." the blonde said, exaggerating the last few words of his sentence.

Nick stayed silent.

"Now karl is sad, and I know you do like him so you better go fix it right now." Clay demanded and let go of the shorter boy's sleeve.

"Fine," Nick agreed, "But where is he?"

Clay shrugged and opened the door. "Probably in the bathroom."

"Let's go there then," Nick said, grabbing Clay's arm and pulling him up to the ground floor and in the direction of his bathroom and knocked on the door.

__________
(turn back time oh oh)

"Karl," George said, knocking softly on the bathroom door, "Karl, it's me, george. Let me in."

George sighed of relief as he heard the door unlock and low shuffling from inside.

He opened the door and walked inside, closing and locking the door behind him and sitting down on the floor beside karl, wrapping his arms around the taller boy's shoulders and pulled him close to his chest.

"He just did that!" Karl cried as George rubbed his back in circles, he felt so bad for him.

"He's just an idiot." George comforted, "We all know he likes guys. He's not fooling anyone but his idiotic popular friends."

Karl let out a small laugh and wiped the tears away with the back of his hand. "True."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door that caused both of the boys sitting on the floor to look up to the bathroom door.

"Hello?" George called.

"Who's in there?" a voice called from outside. A voice from one of Nick's friends. Ew.

"None of your business, asshole!" George called, "Now go away!"

There was a scoff outside the door before they heard the person walk away.

"I fucking hate them." George said and glared at the door before looking back down to the floor.

"Yeah," Karl agreed, fixing himself in George's embrace.

They sat there for a few minutes until they heard a door slam in the basement.

George flinched, causing Karl to wrap his arms around George's waist.