Chapter 23

[song recommendation: nice docs, baby! - blue foster]

December.

Most peoples favourite month due to its festivity and the holidays it concluded.

Clay had always liked christmas as a child but as he grew up he realised just how much he hated his family, especially his father.

That's what had ruined the holiday for him at 15 years old, a few months after he had came out to his family.

That's also when his dad started abusing him and when his mother became a lot more distant from him, the only one who really spoke to him was his sister.

That was also just on rare occasions, such as to notify him about something and she only let him into her room when their dad was yelling or something like that.

Just because he loved boys.

Safe to say that Clay hated December, 3 weeks away from school to spend with his hell of a family.

To be honest he'd much rather spend these three weeks with George rather than his family.

And also because it was the holidays he knew that probably someone else related to him and his family would come visit or they would go visit them.

__________

George loved christmas just like every other person.

He especially loved snow and the festive atmosphere that christmas brought with it.

He hoped that this year he'd be able to see the first snow of the winter with Clay.

The two of them had made their relationship official in the middle of november when they were taking a late night drive around the town, blasting music with their windows rolled down.

They had ended that drive on top of a hill that overlooked the whole town and they enjoyed the view, occasionally pressing light kisses on each other's faces.

But that escalated and ended with them making out in the backseat and left George with a couple of purple marks on his neck and collarbones that did take a week or two to fade away.

George smiled at the memory and averted his eyes from his bedroom ceiling to the notebook in his lap, tapping his pen on the many pieces of stacked paper pressed together.

He was so bored and he had no homework to finish and he knew he wasn't getting any more of it since it was in the middle of december.

He closed the notebook and lay it down on the bed beside him.

He was so bored and he had nothing to do, so the only solution that he came up with was Clay, his boyfriend.

And I know what you're thinking, you dirty minded fuck. No they aren't going to have sex, deal with it.

He stood up from his bed and walked over to his wardrobe and took out one of Clay's hoodies and put it on over his t-shirt and walked out of his room.

He walked down the stairs and to his front door, put his converses on and his jacket afterwards to keep him warm in the cold temperature outside.

"Where are you going?"

"Karl's," George dismissively said and opened the front door.

"Whose sweater are you wearing?"

George rolled his eyes and stepped out of the house, holding onto the doorknob. "Dad, no worries. It's none of your business." he said, flashing his dad a cocky smile before closing the door in his face.