Chapter 6

(Okay, we'll just pretend that music that exists now exists there, okay? Okay.)

Clay closed the car door, leaning his back onto the comfortable old seat.

"Where are we heading?" Clay asked, leaning from the door of the backseat and more towards the middle.

"We're going to the arcade downtown!" Karl screeched excitedly from the passenger seat, "I'll play some music!"

Karl opened the glove compartment and took out a cassette tape labelled 'Karl <3'. Clay read the name and scrunched his nose, these idiots are so oblivious.

There was a pause for a second, and when the music suddenly started playing throughout the car it startled Clay a bit.

'One by one, ticking time bombs won,'

Karl started yelling with the song, causing Alex and Nick to start laughing, Nick soon joining the cheery brunette.

'The end has no end,
The end has no end,'

Clay laughed at the two in the front seat, whispering to Alex how obvious it was that they liked each other.

Alex pulled away from Clay with a disappointed look on his face, giving Clay an award chuckle and an unsure nod, leaving the blonde beyond confused.

Did he say something wrong?

He probably did.

He always had to mess something up.

Or maybe... no it couldn't be...

...or could it?

Clay giggled to himself, causing the other three sat in the car to look at him.

"What's so funny?" Karl asked with a confused expression, "Nick, eyes on the road."

Nick nodded and looked away from Clay to the road, keeping his gaze there.

"Oh, nothing, don't worry about it," Clay said dismissively, holding his hand over his mouth to stifle a laugh.

"Okay..." Alex said, visibly confused.

'Something filled up,'

"Ooh, I know this one!" Clay said excitedly and smiled widely, starting to strum his fingers on his thigh to the beat.

'If our children don't grow up,'

"Our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up," Clay and Karl yelled with the lyrics, Nick tapping his fingers on the steering wheel and Alex looking mysteriously out the window.

________

There was a faint knock on the door, barely loud enough to be heard, but nonetheless, the dark haired brunette heard it.

"Come in,"

The door opened with a slight creak, George not bothering to look up from his book to see the person standing in his doorway.

"George, honey, you've been in here since you came home, is everything alright?"

George closed his book, putting the bookmark carefully between two of the pages, making sure not to ruin them.

He ran his hands over his face and propped himself up on his elbows. "I'm good," George answered.

"You know you can tell us anything, you know?"

George nodded. "I know, mum."

His mother nodded with a worried look on her face and walked out of the doorway, closing the door behind her.

As she walked away, George fell back onto his back with a groan, running his hands through his hair.

Why am I even upset?

It was probably the comment from the new guy earlier, ugh, what a weirdo.

The brunette agreed with his thoughts, sat up and took up his cassette deck, putting his headphones over his ears.

He grabbed a cassette tape and put it in, his favourite song playing immediately.

'Right, wrong, what to do?'

'Some day it will come for you,'

George closed his eyes, listening carefully to the tones blasting through his head.

Somehow, he could relate to it, he'd just have to wait to realise it. Some day, he'd know how he related to it.

"GEORGE!"

A voice snapped George out of his trance, startling him a bit.

"DINNER!"

The brunette haired boy sighed, sitting up on his bed and turning off his music.

What a way to kill the mood

_______

"Guys, it's kind of late, I have to get home or my parents will get worried," Clay said sadly.

"Where do you live, then?" Nick asked, turning on to a random street.

Since the arcade closed at 7pm, the four boys had been driving around their town, blasting music.

But since the clock was soon to strike 11pm, Clay decided that he'd go home soon, it being a school night after all.

"I actually live on this street, believe it or not!" Clay said, surprise lacing his voice.

"Number what?" Nick asked, looking at the number of each house.

"37," Clay answered, eyeing the houses, looking for his own.

"Here!" Nick exclaimed, stopping the car in front of a familiar house, for Clay at least. No one else in the car had been to his house so...

"Alright, see you guys tomorrow!" Clay said, opening the car door and getting out, shutting the door behind him.

He waved the trio sitting in the car as he walked up the pathway up to his front door.

"Clay,"

...

Word count: 813

Helloooo, guys...
Turns out that my mom decided to sleep in, she woke up at 6pm.

Uhhh, my arm's bleeding...

I felt really dizzy today, and I woke up at 7am... I'm on break from school wth.
My dad just came into my room, he's working a night shift and wanted to see me :3

Talking 'bout me dad, he's so respectful! My dad and my stepmom were going to a party last weekend and I asked when they were coming home and he asked me "so you can sneak out your girlfriend, or boyfriend," and I was like: respect my man, respect.

So yeh, they're deciding to go to our summerhouse and letting me stay homeee UwU <3 them