Chapter 25

(TW: mentions of emotional abuse I think)
[song recommendation: heatwaves-stripped back - glass animals]

Christmas and new year's were okay, not really eventful since the two couldn't spend as much time with each other.

The school had just started back up after break and the two were on their way to school in Clays car.

There had been a slight ruckus at George's house due to his parents Clay outside their house in an old car, waiting for George to come outside.

When George looked back to earlier this morning he realised just how stupid and idiotic his stupid parents were.

They had yelled at him for still hanging out with Clay and for wearing the tallers clothes and kept going on about how he refused to go to church with them.

George just rolled his eyes and walked past them and out the door, making sure to slam it loudly behind him to rile up his parents even more.

_______
(This is just a pov change, not time skip)

Clay was kind of worried about George, he had been quiet the whole ride to school.

He had heard faint yelling from inside the house while he waited for the brunette, he could only wait for either George to tell him what happened or ask what happened himself.

He stopped the car outside the school building and turned off, checked the time and saw that there were still fifteen minutes to kill before their first class began.

Neither of them said anything for about two minutes before George sighed loudly and decided to get out of the car.

But he couldn't.

Clay had locked the car doors.

"Let me out, Clay. What the fuck," George said with an annoyed tone.

"Not before you tell me what's bothering you," Clay said. He felt the brunettes gaze on him but didn't move his own from the large building in front of them.

"I'm fine. Let me out," George said, still trying to open the car door aggressively, the door not moving one bit as he violently tried to open the door.

"George. Be honest. I know you're not fine, please tell me." Clay said, averting his gaze
from the building and onto George's angered face and put his hand on the brunette's thigh.
"Clay. I told you I'm fine. Now let me out," George insisted.

"Come on, george. You know you can tell me anything, you know?" Clay reminded softly.

George closed his eyes, turning his back against Clay and took a deep breath to prevent tears falling from his eyes.

"I know, I just don't want to talk about that now." George said, wiping the tears that had started to form away with his hoodie sleeve. Or more like Clay's sleeve.

Clay sighed and grabbed George's hand that was closer to him and pulled him to face the taller. "If we don't talk about it now, when will we?" Clay asked, wiping georges tears away with his thumbs.

"Just not right now," George said.

"Okay, then. We can go inside," the blonde said as he unlocked the car doors.

As soon as he did that George opened the door and grabbed his backpack and made his way hurriedly to the mens bathroom, leaving Clay standing in the middle of the school parking lot by himself.

_______

George bursted through the door of the school bathroom and went straight into one of the stalls, locking it so no one would walk in on him.