Chapter 33 - " everything's going to be okay"

My mind slowly regained its concisouness as I heard my phone ringing beside me. I slightly opened my eyes to see the screen of my phone flashing as my ringtone only got louder. Luckily for me, the boys were heavy sleepers. I sighed in desperation for sleep, picking up the phone from my side and putting it against my ear.

" hello?" I groaned.

" hi Cailin, it's Cathy from the hospital"

Immediately I froze hearing that the call was from Cathy, my father's nurse. She never called me. Something in my heart knew that this call wasn't a good thing. My mind went into a million different directions as I tried to figure out what the call was about on my own.

" I tried calling your mother but she didn't answer. It's probably really late there too" Cathy said. I could sense that she was starting to babble. That was a habit Cathy had whenever she was nervous about telling me some news.

" forget about my mother. What is going on?" I asked praying that this wasn't going to be worst than I was imagining.

Cathy stayed quiet on the other side of the line. Her silence made my heart want to burst out of my chest.

" I didn't think it was possible but... your father's condition has become worse" she said trying to maintain professional.

Through the years, Cathy has always tried to maintain professional with my family but always failed. She became attached to my father and I. Honestly, I did sometimes think that Cathy was in love with my father. From what I knew, Cathy was a single mother of a little girl. Her husband had abandoned her and her daughter right after she gave birth to her little girl.

" what do you mean by worse?" I choked out in a whisper.

" he's had zero brain activity for the past 24 hours which indicates that there won't ever be anymore brain activity" Cathy said in a shaking tone.

I held my breath. My hope for my dad slowly started to fade away. He was supposed to wake up. He was supposed to kiss me on my forehead again like he always had.

" what should I do Cathy?" I asked her as tears started streaming down my face.

" I think you should sleep on it and call the hospital back when you're ready to deal with it all. You have time to think Cailin" Cathy said.

" Thanks" I choked out before hanging up on her.

The realization that my father wasn't going to wake up again started to hit me. I wouldn't be able to see his green eyes ever again. At least there was a chance before but now it was all gone. All my prayers had gone out the window.

I laid there in my bunk in fetal position trying to stop crying but it was no use. As tears escaped my eyes, I held onto my face trying to keep my sobs as silent as possible. The last thing I needed was everyone waking up to me crying. No one other than Harry knew about my father's situation and I wanted to keep it that way.

I needed comfort. The only comfort I knew as of now was Harry, but since we were a secret I could go to him especially with everyone a feet away from one another. Instead I dug through the pile of clothes, that was at the edge of my bunk, searching for Harry's sweatshirt. After digging through it all I finally found it and brought close to me. To my disappointment his scent wasn't on it anymore. My perfume had been mixed in and took away every comfort. Tears began streaming even more at my frustration.

I picked myself off the bunk bed and stepped over to where Harry's bunk was. Instead of waking him up, I started digging through his bag for a worn sweatshirt or anything I could get my hands on that had his smell.

" what going on?" I heard him mumble as he opened the curtain to his bunk.

As soon as he noticed the tear stains upon my cheeks, Harry rubbed his eyes and pulled me into his bunk. When he wrapped me in his arms I noticed that I had been shaking, dramatically shaking.

I could hear Harry quietly humming something in my ear. It was only when I truely listened did I realize what he was doing. He was humming me a song to clam me down. Just not any song but the song that always calmed me down, 'Hold on we're going home' by Drake. Slowly my breathing became calmer and my tears streamed down less and less.

" everything's going to be okay" he whispered and then began humming the song again.

I could feel Harry stroking my hair as my consiousness slowly began fading away.

~

I know you guys are hating me since it's so short but this chapter was super important and i wanted to atleast upload something for you guys

School and work has been taking a toll on me so please understand that I cant always update immediately.

I apreciate all the amazing support from you guys

spread the love <3