Chapter 22 - " so what's with the brunette?"

I look at myself in the full body mirror I had in my room and took a deep breath. I still hadn't put any make-up on so the bruise on my face was still evident. My eyes then strayed towards my thigh. A huge bruise was clearly there on the side.

It was caused from the night before when Carter was over here at the apartment. It had been a couple of days this the day he sent me roses. I didn't like the roses as much as I loved the gesture. It was proof to me that he cared about me no matter what our problems were.

Last night started out great. Carter was still in New York like me and took me out on a date. Everything was perfect, at least for a while. As we walked out of the restaurant, Carter saw some guys eyeing me down and got furious, not in front of the cameras of course but inside the car. He started yelling that I was the one who flirted with them. I tried convincing him that he was being stupid and crazy about it but that just earned me another slap across the face and a hard push against the car door.

Carter was smart. He never acted like this when cameras were around. He only acted like this when we were either alone or with the people that worked for him, like his driver. He knew they would never say anything to anyone. But I guess I was lucky, that way no one would ever find out.

I picked up my make-up bag from the top my vanity and sat on my bed. I leaned over in a position that would be easier to apply the make-up to the bruise. Today was Zayn's birthday and he decided he wanted to take us all on a yacht to celebrate. Unfortunately for that meant having to wear a bathing suit and exposing skin that wasn't exactly in it's best shape because of the bruises.

I finished applying the make-up and went over to my closet. I looked at my selection of swimwear and decided on a simple black two piece. I get dressed and walked out of my bedroom. I walk into the living room to see Harry sitting on the couch. But to my surprise he wasn't alone. Sitting with him was another girl.

Normally Harry wouldn't bring girls to the apartment. I had never seen him do so. Truthfully I hadn't seen him with another girl since the break up with Lia. Surely he had been with other girls, but always away from me. Never did I think seeing him with a girl, in this moment in my life, would affect me as much as it did.

Harry turned is head and looked straight at me. I think he noticed my shock because he immediately picked himself up along with the brunette. The brunette in front of me was gorgeous and I wouldn't deny that. By her height, it was clear that she was a model. Even though I used to be a model, I wasn't tall at all.

" Cailin, this is Bella, a friend of mine" Harry introduced.

Friend, right. I knew exactly what he meant by that. I hated myself for even caring about this whole situation.

The girl smiled and hugged me for a second as a way of saying hello. The hug left me in shock not being able to find the right words to say back. Thankfully Zayn and Louis walked into the living room as well saving me from the so called Bella.

" Willow and Niall are already waiting for us downstairs. What about Veronica and Liam?" Zayn asked me.

" they're going to meet us at the dock" I said trying not to look over at Harry.

I think Louis noticed how uncomfortable I was around the brunette because as we filed out of the apartment he swung his arm around my shoulder giving me comfort. I needed it but it wasn't his comfort I craved.

*

We all met Ronny and Liam at the dock. Veronica was ready to party as always and thankfully she pumped me up for Zayn's celebration. It was just us for his celebration, the closet of friends, well expect Harry's brunette. The girl being there just made everything a little awkward, I only wished Harry would noticed but it didn't seem like he cared.