Chapter 7 - " I do love her, just not in that way"

NOT EDITED

Lia's apartment was across town but was just as amazing. When we got there I was surprised at how many people were at her house.

There was her stylist, Jake Wes. He was very well known as a celebrity stylist. Lia was telling him he had newly become her main stylist. Meaning that for now he only worked for her.

Then there was her make-up artist, Kelly Taylor. She was also well known as a make-up artist. But the first famous client she had was Lia. Mostly because Lia and Kelly had been friends since childhood, they had grown up together.

There was some of her family and some of her friends also. They were all amazing. It was clear on why Lia was such a sweetheart, her family raised her like that.

" I'm Liam Payne, Lia's older brother" a dark blondish boy introduced himself.

" Cailin Reed, nice to meet you" I smiled.

Wait wasn't Lia's last name James?

" we have different dads" Liam said as he read the confusion on my face.

" oooh" I chuckled.

" this gonna be your first red carpet?" he asked.

" yeah" I nodded nervously.

" don't worry, it just your brain talking" he chuckled.

" have you ever done it?" I asked.

Liam nodded.

" before Lia and Harry started dating I was usually her 'date'" he said doing air quotes which made me smile.

Must be weird being your sister's date. But it was pretty clear how close they were.

" now I go when he can't. but since it's her movie premiere, I'm obligated to go" he smiled.

" that's nice" I teased.

Another thing that surprised me was two camera guys following her every move as she began getting ready for the premiere.

She explained to me that was for her website. She liked to post videos to give to her fans, a way for them to get to know her better.

With my permission, they filmed Lia and I talking. The label certainly wouldn't have a problem with that. They wanted my name to be out there.

" Jake, can you show some dresses to Cailin?" Lia said as Kelly started on her make-up.

Jake nodded and began showing a rack of dresses. Every dress was beautiful. Probably because they were all options for Lia.

As I looked through the dresses, I noticed it was nothing close to what I had worn in public before. Not even in modeling had I worn dresses like these.

" I think this is too much for me" I said to Jake.

He simply smiled.

" Lia acted the same way the first time she walked down a red carpet" he chuckled.

" what if I look like I'm trying to hard?" I shook my head.

" you gotta make a good first impression then" Jake nodded.

I decided he was right. This was going to be my first time walking down a red carpet and i needed it to be perfect.

" how about this one?" I asked as I picked out a beautiful dress no one would expect me to wear.

" I would have chosen no different" Jake smiled.

*

The elevator doors opened and I walked out into the lobby to see the boys standing around. They seemed to be talking about something that I could hear because I was too far.