Chapter 34 - " I told her I was with you"

Before I could open my eyes, I felt a gentle touch on my forehead which felt like a pair of lips. A familiar pair of lips.

" Harry?" I whispered.

No response. I slowly opened my eyes to see no one in front of me. I sat up too quickly and ended up hitting my forehead on the upper bunk.  I cursed myself as I put my hand on my forehead hoping it wouldn't leave a bruise.

I jumped out of the bunk realizing I hadn't slept in my own bunk, it was Harry's bunk. Last night's call flashed through my mind and my heart shattered. I could feel tears start building in my eyes again. I took deep breaths but it was no use.

Out of nowhere I heard girly screams coming from the front of the tour bus. I quickly made me way there. There was Jess jumping around happily with her phone attached to her ear.

" Thank you! Thank you!" She smiled widely. Jess said a couple more words to whomever was the the other line and eventually hung up.

" what's going on?" I asked.

" everything I've been working for the past few weeks just paid off. I got signed to a modeling agency in London!" she squealed.

" congratulations!" I squealed along with her.

" and they also already got me a job for a fashion show in like three days" Jess continued smiling.

" so you're leaving?" I realized taking the smile right off my face.

Jess sighed taking her eyes away from me. I could tell she was still excited to go to London, not just because of her new career but because that was where she was from, that was her home. She would be able to see her family more often. I could see the sparkle in Jess' eyes. She was hungry for this new career. She couldn't wait to carry herself on her own two feet. Jess was tired of being known as Harry's Styles' little sister.

" you're going to do amazing out there" I forced a smile.

" I'm ready" she nodded.

" just don't forget about us little people" I smirked.

Jess rolled her eyes and pulled me into a hug.

*

Harry Styles' POV

I jumped out of my rented car and locked it behind me. As I walked away from it, I could already see the paparazzi jumped out of their own cars flashing their cameras. I kept my head down until I was able to walk into the coffee house. The idea of them following me around was still all very new to me and I knew I would never get used to it.

It felt good to be back in LA for a few days. We had three shows here in a row which was a complete honor. I would get to see some of the few friends I had here. Lia being one of them. She had texted me the night before asking me to meet her this morning at a local cafe. This was the first time since the breakup that we were meeting with each other.

After she broke up with me, I tried everything to try to win her back. But my mistake was trying to win her back as my girlfriend and not my friend. I didn't want her as my girlfriend, it should have never happened. I needed her as my friend again. Lia was one of the few people that knew the real me. She had seen things about me that I don't let anyone know about. She knew about my family which I don't tell anyone about. She knew and it didn't scare her away, she didn't tell anyone about it.

I wanted her friendship back more than anything. Part of me hoped that Cailin would never find out anything about my past. I was afraid that it would scare her away especially after the whole Carter situation. Maybe it would be too much for her to handle. I couldn't handle losing her. But with Cailin it was different. If I lost her, I wouldn't lose just a friend. I would lose the person that made me feel a thousand emotions at the same time. The girl that made me forget why I even ever pushed her away. The girl that I felt the need to protect.