Chapter 40 - " get the fuck out"

Silence.

The whole car ride back to Louis' house was pure silence. I would glance at Harry who was behind the wheel but it would only last two seconds before looking away.

I held on to my leather jacket tight on my lap, in hopes it would relax me but it was no use.

Not one word had been said to each other since he kissed me outside of the bar. I guess I was waiting for an explanation as we ran to the car but instead Harry stayed quiet, ignoring my glances at him.

I wanted him to say something, anything to me.

Harry parked the car in front of of Louis' home and turned off the car. Neither of us moved an inch. The air around us only got thicker. The only thing I could hear was our breaths being breathed.

" why did you do that back there?" I asked.

" do what?" he sighed.

" kissed me in front of everyone" I said.

Harry didn't respond immediately. Instead he ran his fingers through his curly long hair and looked away from me. Even though his eyes were staring at the end of the street, his mind was somewhere else.

" that's what you wanted, wasn't it?" he glared avoiding eye contact with me.

" why would you think that?" I glared back.

" well it sure sounded like that at the bar. You were acting like such a bitch" he spat.

I knew Harry too well too know what he was trying to do. He was trying to make me feel like shit so that real issue wouldn't be brought up.

" I wasn't acting like a bitch! You've been acting like an asshole all night! You've been different since I came in to your room this morning!" I shouted at him.

Now his eyes finally met mine. He looked irritated, mad, nervous, a mixture of everything.

" what was that phone call about Harry?" I asked remembering he said he had been on the phone with Jess. But something was off, everything was off. I was starting to think that the phone call hadn't even been with Jess.

" none of your God damn business, Cailin" he groaned as his grip tightened around the wheel.

" well your my boyfriend so it is my business, even when you don't act like it" I shook my head.

" then you should be happy that the whole world now knows that we're together. You'll get all the attention that you wanted" he sighed.

" excuse me?" I glared at him.

" you heard me" Harry said looking away from me again.