Chapter 16

There will be a BIG cliff hanger at the end of this chapter! & some big things will be revealed!

Enjoy!!

____________________________________________________________________________

  It was now December twenty-seventh, and I was eagerly waiting on Ian. He thought today would be best to go out and I was completely okay with that. I decided to straighten my hair, wear a scarf and a v-neck sweater, pants, and a pair of my BearPaw boots.

  Soon, Karson came in and sat across from me. "Where's he taking you?"

  I shrugged, "he hasn't told me yet, I just hope that it diesn't involve a lot of walking."

  Karson laughed, "lazy butt."

  I glared at him jokingly, "just wait until you get married and have kids," I laughed.

  "Yeah," he snorted. "I don't even have a girlfriend, so I don't see a wife and kids in my future anytime soon."

  "Karson, when my daughter come I want you to go back to college. I want you to get your life on track, it's been seven months since you dropped out for me; I can't keep you here any longer."

  "Abby, we'll continue this discussion later," he told me in a really stern voice.

  "Why? You're just preventing the inevitable, I am just like my mother, I will get my way. "

  "College isn't for me," he shrugged, he was acting like he was hiding something from me.

  "It's been your dream since I have been able to hear you talk! I-" The doorbell rang, "could you get that?"

  He quickly jumped up, to be sure to be rid of me. Soon, we were joined by Ian. He smiled when he saw me, "Abby!"

  "Ian!" I held my arms out for a hug, which he happily returned, and then helped me up. "Karson's dying to know where you are taking me!" I said, hoping that he would drop me a hint.

  "I'll text him when you go to the bathroom or something," Karson laughed, they both knew my tricks. "Don't worry though Abby, you will only have to walk five minuets, if that much."

  I smiled, "good, my feet are kind of swollen today."

  They both laughed, "don't whine Abby, you are beautiful," Ian added.

  Then, the phone rang, and Karson went to go answer it as Ian helped me put my coat on. "Abby, it's the doctor, she wants to remind you of the appointment tomorrow morning at nine in the morning."

  I looked at Ian, "Ready?" And when he nodded, I waved bye to Karson as he continued to be in deep conversation with the doctor, and a concerned look on his face.

Karson's P.O.V

  I had tears in my eyes, "how come this wasn't brought up in her earlier appointments?"

  "I didn't want to worry her," she said, not as calm as before.

  "But it would have been nice to know," I said, rather rude.

  "That's why she is coming in tomorrow, good day," and she cut the line instantly.

  I hung up the phone, gently laid it on the couch, and turned to the wall. Then I punched it...hard. I didn't care that it was throbbing, or that I had probably left a hole in the wall. I was pissed. I took a seat on the couch, and put my head in my hands

  "Karson, what is...?" my mother stopped, taking in the  scene. "What happened in here?!"

  I looked at her, "Abby's doctor called."

  She sat beside me, "is everything okay?"

  I shook my head, "no."

  "What happened?"

  "She wants Abby to go in tomorrow, she wants to check and make sure the baby is fine. She said because the baby's father is Abby's father, that the baby runs a high risk of deformities and stuff. And it's all because of my stupid uncle that my baby cousin is--"

  "Karson, calm down. Have hope that she'll be okay. Don't let Abby see you this way, she can't be worried," she laid a hand on my back. "I was told that you may be deformed to, but I prayed and had hope; and you look beautiful son."

  I laughed, "Abby will be a good mother."

  "Oh, a very good mother; who can handle anything..." my mother trailed off, looking at the hole in the wall. "Son, patch that up before she gets home;" and she stood up, and went into the kitchen.

Abby's P.O.V

  "Open your eyes," I heard Ian whisper in my ears, giving me butter flies in my stomach.

  I did, and saw that we were about to enter a park full of lights. "Ian, this is so pretty!"

  "Good, I was hoping you did," he smiled and looked out my window. "Look," and he pointed to a lit up ginger bread man pushing a baby stroller.

  "Aw, that is adorable."

  He laughed, "look over here!"

  And there was a snowman, holding hands with a snowwoman, "wow." I smiled and laid my head on his chest across the console, "thank you for taking me out tonight."

  "Anytime Abby," he brought a hand down to my waist and the other on the wheel.

  We drove around for maybe an hour, loving everything. There was reindeer, and Santas, more snowmen, more gingerbread men, and so much more. Eventually, the pulled to stop in front of a little shop. "This is where you have to walk, all just to get some hot cocoa," Ian said.

  "Really?! You know me so well," I smiled, trying my hardest to get out of the car without help.

  "Here Abby," Ian said already in front of me, and helping me out of the car.

  "Th...thanks," I said, sort of sad that I could hardly get up by myself.

  "You're welcome," and he kissed me. He lead me inside and sat me down at a booth, while he ordered our cocoa. Soon, he was beside me, with my cocoa the exact way I liked it.

  "Hm, thank you," I smiled.

  "You're welcome," he smiled back.

  "Ian, I hate to harsh the mood; but I have to have a serious talk with you." He looked at me, worried. "You're only a Freshman, and your already in a committed relationship with a pregnant freshman. You are too young to be stuck with me...with this," I gestured towards my pregnant belly.

  "What are you saying?"

  "Are you really sure you wanna stay involved with this...with me?" I asked, my eyes closed.

  "Abby, look at me," and I did. "I want to be involved in that babies life, and yours, no matter what."

  "Really?" I asked.

  "Really," he smiled back at me.

Karson's P.O.V

  I sat on the couch, flipping through the channels, glad to finally have the hole in the wall done. "Bubba, turn it back three!" my little  sister, Tonya yelled.

  I did, "but Tonya, this is Dancing Ponies," I whined to her.

  "So!" and she plopped down and watched the show, along with all my sisters. I rolled my eyes and grabbed out my iPhone, and began playing apps endlessly waiting for a text from Ian or a call from Abby.

  Then, the doorbell rang. "I got it!" my mom yelled, but I got up to answer it anyway, the pony show was too stupid to sit through. My mom flung the door open, only too see a tired looking women in her twenties, she looked like a women I dated in college. When I looked her over, I noticed that there was a baby carrier at her feet. "How may I help you?" my mother asked.

  "Uh, is Karson home?" she asked.