Chapter 19

"5...4...3...2...1!" We all yelled, as the ball in New York dropped on our flat screen television. I looked to my left and brought Ian to me, a kiss at midnight...good luck for the year. I pulled away after a while, and leaned to lay down on Ian. He wrapped his arm around me, and pulled me into a sideways hug. "Happy New Year Ian," I smiled into him.

"Happy New Year Abby," he chuckled, watching his parents, my aunt, Karson, and his sisters.

Ian and I wanted to be together for the new year celebrations and our families wanted us with them, so we decided to just combine us all. We had dinner together, played games as a natural family, and noticed that my aunt and Ian's parents had no shame in draining the wine.

When I had met them, I was nervous; so nervous I had to sit down because I was becoming sick. But, they weren't that bad. They were actually very light hearted, caring, respectful, and even humorous. We had a very conversational dinner, and got really competitive when we played the board games; I'm pretty sure that they let me win, because I only lost four times.

Laughing to myself, I looked at Tonya. She was studying something outside hard, and I could tell. Soon, she screeched. "Abby! Abby! Abby!" she ran over to me, bouncing happily.

"What Tonya?" I asked.

"It's nowing!" she laughed, trying to pull me with her.

I got up with Ian's help, and followed her toward the window; along with everyone else in the house. "It's snowing!" I exclaimed, looking happily at Ian.

"Get your coat on, we'll go play!" Karson smiled, grabbing his little sister's hand.

I looked at Ian, putting my face in a puppy dog pout. He smiled, "come on Abby."

I smiled wide and went as fast as I could to get my coat on, and then Ian helped me put on my gloves. When he finished, I wouldn't let go of his hands; and we held hands all the way outside. "Thank you Ian!" I smiled, sticking my tongue out to catch a falling snowflake.

He laughed, putting up and arm to rub the back of his neck. "I want to apologize, about my parents."

I smiled wide, putting my tongue back in my mouth. "Why are you sorry? I love your parents!"

He smiled, "I just know that they can be...hard to handle sometimes."

I shrugged, "everyone's parents are like that."

He laughed again, "the snow looks beautiful on you, it makes your eyes pop."

I blushed, feeling Anabelle kick. I giggled, "Ian, she's kicking."

He smiled and laid his free hand on my belly, and began smiling too. "she's going to be an active little girl."

I sighed, "so I've heard."

"Kids! It's time to get back in here, it's ten after midnight!" my aunt smiled, but turning to go back inside.

Karson, Ian, and I all looked around to make sure that all the little ones were inside, and then went inside ourselves. Everyone but Ian unbundled, because he knew that he was going to leave soon. His parents began to bundle, but suddenly Ian's mom stopped.

Everyone noticed because she was just frozen, and then she looked at me. "Abigale--"

"Please, call me Abby."

"Abby," she corrected, "can we go talk in the kitchen real quick?"

"Mom, Abby needs sleep; she is pregnant," Ian pointed out, matter-of-factly.

She pursed her lips, but looked at me. "I uh...I can last a while."

She nodded and grabbed my hand, pulling me gently into the kitchen. She gestured for me to take a seat, and then she did too. "Abby, if you don't mind me asking, when is your daughter due?"