Chapter 9

I was sitting at a round table in the cafeteria in school, thiking about nothing more then mine and my grandmother's conversation the night before. She did end up taking me to school...in a completly silent car ride. I guess you ould say that we hadn't patched everything up and were back to normal, and I planned on keeping it that way until she apologized to me.

  I mean, I know I sounded selfish...and maybe even a vrat, but who cares. "Abigale," I heard my name being called from behind me. "Can I sit with you? You probably don't want to be alone."

  I looked at Ian, smiling. "Is that the only reason?"

  He laughed, taking the seat next to me. "No."

  "And please, call me Abby."

  I saw a faint smile, "okay Abby, what do you want to do on our date Saturday?"

  I let out a breath, not wanting to say what I was thinking but knowing it was the best thing to do. "Actually, about that--"

  "Please do not cancel on me,  I've been waiting on this day sonce the first day I personally met you," plea was practically screaming in his eyes.

  "Why? Because you can say you've dated an ugly reject?" I mumbled, not intending him to hear.

  "You're not ugly, you are gorgeous!" he alughed, proud that he had made me blush.

  "Are you even sure you want to go out with a girl like me?"

  He smiled, "it's the one thing in life I am sure about."

  "Ian!" we heard his name being called, while three guys approached our table. They looked at me, rather digustedly. "Why aren't you with us man?" A tall blonde one asked, rudely.

  "Because I want to sit with Abigale today," Ian replied, solemly.

  "What? Man, just think of what this does to your popularity!" A dorky one exclaimed.

  This wasn't a big surprise too me at all, I was not high up on the popularity scale. But, at the bigging of the year it matter, because it was before he was specialized as the "cool" kid. "I don't care what it does too me," Ian said, releasing me from my trance.

  "Come on!" said the buff one, picking Ian up with only one hand. "Let's go."

  Ian didn't move, he just looked at me. "Abby--"

  "Go, dave yourself, Ian," I waved my hand, hiding my eyes. "Don't let me hold you back."

 A frowning Ian picked up his tray and followed his "buddies" to where ever they were located. I then lost my appetite and began playing with my food...when I heard an elderly women's voice. "Are you Abigale Kirk?"

  I turned to see a woman, with huge 60s glasses, hair all white and short, while wearing very outdated clothes. "Yes ma'am, that's me."

  "Could we see you in the pricaples office? You'll need to dump you tray though, you may be there for a while."

  I got up and dumped my tray, noticing the stare of people eyes pouring into my back. When I got to the lady, I asked, "who are you?"

  She laughed, "my full name is Rosiebell Risha, just call me Rosie."

  I kept quiet, and just followed her into the princaples office, and when we entered I was stunned. There was my grandmother, and my principle...in a very emotional discussion. "What's going on?" I asked, scared out of my witts.

  "Take a seat," the principle gestured.

  I did, and my grandmother began. "I came to apologize to you, but then I let your secret slip.They now know Abby," she whispeared the last part.