Chapter 25

"Surprise!" I heard being screamed at me, as I entered the kitchen from the hall bathroom. What is this? I asked myself, rather shocked.

  I looked around as the light turned on, it was then that I caught on; this was a baby shower. The walls were engulfed in pink pictures and flowers, while the corners and ceilings were covered completely in pink balloons; some reading "Congratulations!". Then, I looked at everybody here; Aunt Lacey, Karson, Ian, Ian's parents, and Ian's grandmother. "Aunt Lacey?" I asked, smiling when she came up to me with open arms.

  "It's a surprise baby shower Abby, don't ask questions!" she hugged me, then let me go. It was small, but I appreciated this so much more then you could possibly imagine.

  "Everyone's here," I stated dumbly, not moving. Then my cheeks turned red, "if I would have known I would've gotten dressed," I was still in my pajamas. They were long fluffy pants with pink hearts all over them, and a baggy t-shirt that I have had for years.

  "Don't worry hun, it's a surprise; besides your pregnant you have an excuse," Ian's mom smiled at me, then brought me in to hug her.

  "Thanks," I said, not knowing how to respond. Ian's dad then made me give him a hug, and then his grandmother, and then Karson, and lastly Ian. We stayed in the hug for a while, "I love the feeling I get when you hold me like this," I murmured in his ear quietly.

  "I can hold you as long as you want, Abby," he whispered back to me.

  "You're parents are here and so is Karson," I said, and we both pulled away laughing. "Next time," I whispered quietly to him, winking in a way only he could see.

  He laughed again, and I looked to my aunt. "We have a lot of stuff planned dear, but because you are on bed rest you need to go have a seat in the living room!"

  I grabbed Ian's hand and we walked to the couch, and he sat beside me. Everyone piled in and stood around, awkwardly waiting for what to do. I played with Ian's hand, moving my thumb in circles; entertaining myself. "So, aren't people supposed to play like games and stuff? And eat cake? And isn't Abby supposed to open her gifts?" Ian asked.

  "Ian!" his mother exclaimed, shocking at his bluntness.

  "No, it's fine. He's right, I want Abby's first baby shower to be important to her, enough for her to remember forever. That's why I have this," she handed a camera to Ian, Karson, and laid one beside her. "And that's why I have a day full of games and fun, and a cake; and had you all bring presents," she gave Ian a 'there you go' look.

  "Good! What do we do first?" Karson asked her, looking over the camera.

  "I want to get a picture of everybody here, surrounding Abby," She explained. "I will tell you guys how to be set! Ian stay there, and everyone just surround them!" Everyone laughed and got around me, Nancy sitting on the other side of me. She quickly took the picture of us, then set it up for it to take one of all of us; including her.

  LATER THAT NIGHT

  "Ian, stop!" I giggled onto his lips, he had taken another picture of us kissing; this was probably the seventh one.

  "Why? I want to cherish this moment forever, this is when I am happiest; when you kiss me with those beautiful and warm lips," he smiled, looking down at them.

  "I am sure that is what Anabelle wants to hear and see if we ever decide to show her these," I pushed his chest playfully; obviously, he didn't go far. "Ian, thank you for coming here today, for me. It was so much fun, I enjoyed every minute of it."