Chapter 21

With help, I sat down on the grave side blanket that my aunt had laid out for me just a few short seconds ago. I looked around awkardly at Karson, my aunt, and Tanner, he was asleep and because it was Feburary 2nd, his nose was was a vibrant red; I knew we couldn't be out long. I looked at the gravestone it read: Annabelle Chloe Kirk     A loving mother, wife, daughter, and sister. May she rest in peae for all eternity.

  My aunt spoke first, breaking the ice and the sadly awkard silcence that feel over us. "Hey Anabelle, it's me; your sister Lacey. The girls are doing great, I wish you meet my youngest; Alyssa. She's so sweet, she will be one this May. Abby is as great as ever, obviouslly, even in this weather she is glowing. And Karson, he's doing an astounding job at being a Daddy. We miss you, sis...we really do." She smiled and looked at Karson, "it's your turn."

  Karson smiled and began, "I'm sorry. I wish that I had been been a better nephewto you, I instead focused all my attention on Abby's dad..." he shivered from disgust, causing his baby to squirm in his arms. "Oh, I uh...I became a Daddy. His name is Tanner," Karson looked at me. "I guess we'll go so you can have alone time here, besides, Tanner needs some heat. I don't want to freeze his little nose off," he laughed, standing up the same time my aunt had.

  "Hey Mom," I said, looking at her lonely grave stone, "it's me Abby."

  No response.

  "I kow that you wouldn't forget," I laughed, nervously. "I have been through so much since you passed away, this," I pointed to my bulging belly, "this is one of the best things to happen to me since you died. This baby lead to me gaining Karson and his family back in my life, a good and sturdy roof over my head, Dad locked away, and even my boyfriend." I said, giggling like a little five year old girl.

  "I miss you," I said seriouslly. "I wish that you could be here holding my hand, guiding me on how to raise Anabelle. Yeah," I smiled, "that's her name, I haven't thought of a middle name yet," it was then that I broke down. "I miss you Mom, so much."

  I then felt arms wrap around my shoulders and a heavy jacket soon follow, I looked and saw Ian with a questioning look on my face. "Karson texted me an hour ago and told me what wasa going on, I figured that you would want some comfort."

  I leaned into him, "thank you."

  Ian laid his head on the top of mine, grabbing my hands," you are so darn cold Abby."

  "I don't want to leave," I muttered stupidly.

  "Abby don't be stubborn, your mom would want you to; and I do want you to."

  I nodded, "I need a middle name for Anabelle."

  "Let's go think about it over lunch, some place warm and toasty," he persuaded me, with the most sensitive voice that I have ever heard come out of his mouth.

  I kno he only cared about me and my baby, so I ignored his comment. "It's been almost three years since the day she died, and this is the first time I have ever been to her grave. I feel like the world's worst daughter, I didn't and don't bring flowers, and I didn't even see her as they lowered her into the ground we are staring straight at." I sighed, "I'm going to change it, I'm going to bring flowers every Sunday, no matter what is happening in my life, not even the fact that I may have my daughter just a few days before, it's a commitment and a promise that I am making to my mother; and my daughter."

  "I understand," was all he said, he knew that I was not wanting an imput.

  "Ian," I said, looking at him, "is there anything in your life that you regret?"