Chapter 10

I stood in front of the full body mirror, taking in my date night appearance. I had taken the liberty in doing something different with my hair...I crimped it. I was wearing a dark pink flowy v-neck and some dark American Eagle jeans. I smiled, I was cute. I sighed then, having to go downstairs at my aunt's house. My grandmother still hated me, it made me sick to my stomach.

  So, because of this, I was sating at my Aunt Lacey's house; obviously. When I got to the kitchen my aunt smiled at me, "Abby! You look beautiful!" she exclaimed.

  I smiled, "you think so?"

  "I love your hair, Abby!" Tonya laughed, reaching her tender hands out to play with it.

  "Aunt Lacey, where's Karson?"

  "He's right here," he said, walking in. "I am meeting this Ian guy."

  "You're my cousin, not my dad," I laughed, until I realized the irony of my "joke."

  "I'm the cousin, who worries about his pregnant cousin," he mumbled, kind of angry like.

  I looked down, "don't tell Ian please, he doesn't know."

  He nodded, "Abby, I haven't told a soul."

  "Mommy," I heard Tonya mutter. "W...what do they mean?"

  My heart stopped, I forgot all about her. "Ton--" Lacey began, I interrupted.

  "What we mean is that...remember when your Mommy's tummy was huge? And then you got a bay sister?" she nodded. "That's what is going to happen to me." I said the words, without thinking to stop myself. She was like my sister, I had to tell her.

  Now that I think about it, my aunt and her kids were like my family...considering I lost mine the day my mother died. For a minute, she thought. Then almost instantly she smiled, "so, there's gonna be a baby Lyssa? Will she call you Mommy?" I nodded, she hugged me. "Little Lyssa is going to have a nice Mommy."

  I laughed, just as the doorbell rang; then my aunt went to go answer the door. My palms were becoming sweaty, and my was racing; I was a nervous wreck. I then decided to enter the hallway where the front door was, only to Ian with his hands in his pockets, smiling. He decided to dress up too, in a button up with some jeans; that still looked classy. His hair had been tamed, but not to a point of looking like a different person; and his eyes gazed interestingly to me.

  He looked me over, his mouth dropping slightly. "Here she is now," my aunt said, gesturing towards me.

  I smiled, "hey Ian."

  "Abby, you look--"

  "Karson is here," Karson said, entering the room rather rudely.

  Ian nodded once, "I met you at the hospital."

 Karson smiled, "I knew you looked familiar."

  Ian looked at me, "ready to go?"

  I nodded, hugging my aunt. "Call me if anything happens," she whispered in my ear.

  I pulled away, nodding quickly. "Bye, love you," and I grabbed Ian's hand and out we went. "I am sorry about them, that's my aunt and of course my cousin."

  He smiled, "don't worry, my mom is the same way."

  Gosh, she'd make him get rid of me in a heart beat if they knew my secret. "Do you ever get used to it?" I asked, as he opened my door.

  I buckled as he got in, "yeah, she's been like that all my life."

  I laughed, "lucky you."