Chapter 18

I sat alone in the visitors center, my palms were sweaty and my head was becoming dizzy. I knew my father would be coming into the same room as me any minute now, and it was finally becoming real to me. After a little more then seven months, I was about to see my father.

  Soon enough, the door opened and in walked an officer with my a man...who I didn't recognize as my father. He was beginning to go bald, his was beginning to gain a scruff on his chin, his eyes were pretty much nothing but dark circles, and he looked about thirty pounds lighter. When he finally laid eyes on me, his eyes practically popped pout out of his head, and his chin practically hit the floor. "Abigale?" he asked, his voice sounding more scratchy then I can remember.

  "There's typically a twenty minute limit, but considering the circumstances, take as long as you need," the female officer said. She gave me one last look before shutting the door my father and I.

  My knees were weak, but I refused to let it show. I had to be strong, not only for me; but for Anabelle. "Hey Dad," I waved, showing no fear.

  We were both standing, he then gestured to the chairs and we both sat down. "Why are you here?" he asked, shocked.

  I let out a sigh, "it's been more then seven and a half months, and I came to tell you that I forgive you. This does not mean anything, this does not mean that we are going to have the perfect father-daughter relationship...it just means that I forgive you."

  He smiled, "I've sobered up, Abigale. I haven't has a drink since I have been in here."

  "it's only because it's not aloud on the grounds," I mumbled very quite.

  "I am serious Abby."

  "Don't call me Abby. And I know that you are serious, it just took raping me and getting locked up in jail to get sober."

  He looked away, "why didn't you tell me that you were pregnant?"

  "Because, I didn't even want to acknowledge your existence. I hated being the girl who was rapped by her father, let alone the girl who was pregnant with her father's baby."

  "I'm sorry Abigale, what I did was wrong. Words can't even explain how sorry I am or how wrong it was. I hate myself for what I did to you."

  I wiped my eyes, I wasn't supposed to be crying. "Dad--"

  "Do you know what you're having?"

  "A girl."

  "Do you have a name?"

  "Ever since Mom died, I knew that I was going to name my first daughter after her...her name is Anabelle."

  He had tears in his eyes, "she will be just as pretty."

  I stood up and stepped in front of him, "you better appreciate what I am about to say. I am shocked that I have the guts to do this, I was surprised that I even went through with seeing you today. I...I want you to feel her kick." I know what your thinking, why? He was my father, he would never get to do this gain as long as I lived...plus it was his own child, I had to let him feel her kick at least once. "You will touch nothing else, do you understand me?!"

  He nodded, and I noticed him take a big gulp. He laid his hand on my belly, laughing a little when she kicked...but I knew these weren't her typical kicks; it was like she was angry. "She's kicking," he smiled.

  But for some reason, I couldn't share the joy...I was starting to get nauseous. "Anabelle, this is your real daddy."

  And it was at that moment, Anabelle had enough. I was suddenly covering my father in throw up, and my dad bounced out of his seat. He stood up and was lead away, and I couldn't be happier at myself then I was right now. The female officer looked me over, and then helped me to chairs in the lobby. "Abigale, do you need a ride?"

  I shook my head, "I'll call Karson or some--" I stopped, forgetting he had a child now, he couldn't just up and leave like he could in the past. "let me check," I got out my phone and dialed his number. He picked up on the first ring. "Karson."

  "Hey Abby," he said, in a hushed voice.

  "Why are you whispering?" I asked.

  "I just put Tanner to sleep, what's up?"

  "Could you come and get me?"

  "From?"

  "Jail," I replied, absentmindedly.

  "What did--?"

  "No, I'm not in prison...I came to see my father."

  "I'm on my way," and he was gone in an instant.

KARSON'S P.O.V

  With one last glance at my son, I left the house. My son...something felt so right about those words to me. He had been an angle all day, he only cried twice. Then, as I approached the prison; the happy thoughts of my son left my mind and the horrific thoughts of Abby in the same room as her Dad again was taking over.

  I pulled to a stop at the gates and a cop approached me, "may I help you?"

  "I am here to pick up Abigale Kirk," I replied shortly. He opened the gate door and I drove to the front entrance. She was soon out the door and jumped right into my car. And that's when I began yelling at her. "Why did you come here Abby?! Why didn't yo tell anyone where you were going!? Why didn't you let me come with you?!"

  "There were witnesses, plus I felt like I had to," she muttered, playing with the palm of her hand.

  "Why?!"

  "Because my daughter is due in less than two months, plus I felt like I just needed to let go."

  "Did he apologize?"

  "To my face," she nodded, "then I threw up all over him." She laughed, "I think it was Anabelle's fault."

  "It's because she knows the truth," we laughed together.

  "How's Tanner?" she asked me, changing the subject on purpose I assumed.

  "He's great, he only cried twice today," I smiled, proud of my son.

  "I hope my daughter will be as great as your son has been."

  I scoffed, "yeah, with you as a mom I'm sure I will be the one praying that my son was the way your daughter is."

  "Karson, I'm not going to be a good mom. I'm...I'm too scared."

  "Abby, you will push through it and be the best Mom ever. Plus, Ian and I are bother her to help you."

  She leaned up and kissed my cheek, "thank you Karson."