thirty four // a gift given unknown

"You look good for somebody who just sat through 14 hours alone" Devin greeted, took my luggage and stuffed it in the back of his car as we tried to be as discrete as possible, not trying to get the paparazzi to blow my surprise! I had told my parents I couldn't make it to their gender reveal party because of finals week and sudden work, which by the way I finished on the plane! If you want something, you'll find every way possible to attain it!

Hopping into his car, adjusted it backwards to the perfect position before letting out a breath "This, I need"

"Where do you wanna eat?" He asked beginning to drive "My cover can't be blown remember?"

"Good thing I know how to cook" Devin spoke, although he isn't the world's greatest cook, Devin sure knows how to work the kitchen.

As we drove through this wretched morning traffic of Los Angeles that I do not miss at all, the moment of silence was nothing new. Our silence still radiated good energy, great love and it's very warm. My heart breaks a little more even though I know we are on the greatest of terms. I can't choose anybody else that isn't him and I don't want to, ever. This type of loss hurts, when you know you love someone and their feelings are mutual but you just know it can't exactly work out, is bullshit. If the distance wasn't such a big distance, I'd be having this man in my arms, always.

He took a quick look at me then back on the road, as the traffic slowly began to vanish "What?" He smiled, his arms stretching from side to side, still I was looking up at him "Do I have something on my face?" He asked again

I smiled brighter, slid my hands into his "No, your face is perfect"

"Oh" He removed our hands from each others and put his arm around my curled up body , kissing my head "I love you" he whispered, trying so hard to fight my tears, I smiled "I know, I love you"

Without hesitation, I sat up, my hand brushing up against his scruffy face and pulled him in as we kissed. Thank God for the traffic.

"So no breakfast" He kissed back "You're gonna be whipping me up some food after" I pushed his face away to focus back on the road as the person behind honked at us. I don't know what this means for us, if it's just something we'll be doing after I leave or only for as long as I am here, whatever it will be, I'm all in if he is.

I'm happy that I'm home and surrounded with soon to be people that I really love, but for now I'm laying down on the chest of, someone I deeply care about. We lay in silence on his extremely cold room that I hate but says helps him sleep. Does this mean we're friends with benefits?

"I think I'll be taking that home cooked meal right now" My chin resting on my hands that sat on his hands. Devin looked down, exhausted "Okay, sounds like a plan"

"I'm gonna go shower, you on the other hand will be out there"

Devin sat up, pulled me closer and whispered into my ears "I think I need to shower too"

I don't think jet lag would be an actual problem, if I got the best cure for it right next to me!

I don't think we'll ever stop with the nicknames, and I don't really have a problem with it but maybe our future girlfriends and boyfriends would. Our families are close, like really close, and the bond we've all formed isn't something we're just all going to throw away because Devin and I broke up and or we get into other relationships. To me, I hope they become okay with the fact that my best friend is my ex and I am his too. It might seem wrong and suspicious to others, but if we're in different relationships, there'll only be two and not three. It's too crowded. And in love, there shouldn't be ultimatums. Ever.

"I could get used to this you know" His hair still wet from the shower, I reached and dried it "What do you mean? Aren't you already or is this a little too awkward for you now?" I joked around