nine // Cute Genes

Kendall has summoned me to her house and she hardly ever does that with anyone because she's hardly ever home so I might as well take advantage of the opportunity to do whatever damage it is she wants us to do. We make a pretty good team if you ask me. 

"What's up short stack" I say that to her because I'm an inch taller than her and she's been the tallest in the family before I hit puberty which turned me into a giant

"You wanna model?" She just went straight to the point, I look at her oddly, where is this even coming from? "I'm just asking 'cause someone is like dying to have you in their magazine and I was like that's my niece! I can try contacting her for you"

I still was staring at her because not once have I ever thought about modeling, my main focus was school and family- literally nothing else entered my mind after that and it's been that way for a really long time. "Say" she called me by my nickname, blankly staring at her "Uhm, what magazine?" Those were the only words I could even come up with

She dusted off the tortilla ship crumbs from her hands, wiped her face and looked at me "Nothing big yet but uhm, Teen Vogue, apparently you're the hot topic of the year or whatever"

I choked on the water I just ingested "Yeah like teen vogue isn't big" she laughed at me "So what? It's going to be great, I really think you should take it. You've got everything they look for in a model- definitely got the fierceness down"

"I'll let you know by the end of this week"

"No, by tomorrow. Or you'll be replaced by some Disney star, let me know tomorrow at noon- 1:30pm exactly no later because I do have to give him the answer at 3 and they make decisions ahead of the end line. So tomorrow" 

We spent the next couple of hours in her room bing watching my dad's show- Grey's Anatomy, I of course as such a horrible daughter has never watched it is starting on the fifth season- first timer. I swore I would watch it the minute I make it home, I will. 

"Hey" I heard a voice pop in as I was about to enter a deep sleep, I pulled down my covers to see my mom's reddened eyes

"Come sleep with me, you can be the big spoon" I joked around all in hopes of getting her to smile, she did but it was hardly a real smile. 

She lay there, head resting on my pillow, hugging me tightly. She sniffled and my heart ached horribly, I hate seeing her like this. No mother should be able to feel this way, her family to get ruined by somebody whom she considered as family, the betrayal hurts everyone in the family- mostly Kylie and my mom. These things happen for a reason though I don't know what those are but let's just hope it's all for the best so the better things in life can come shower us in all good things- I don't know what to think anymore I might just be make stuff up as I go about my day. 

I woke up, my door left ajar. I hate that. But that smell so strong coming from the kitchen made it ten times better, before getting up I reached for my phone and wanted to let Kendall know that I'll take her up on that offer, it'll help mom take her minds off of things. It could help pivot her focus towards me and not some love triangle full of fake relationships

"Hey baby" I stretched my arms out reaching for True who was on the counter as mom was taking a picture of her, she was baking cupcakes! My mom is such a great cook and I honestly cannot think of anyone else who can level up with her, not even Lovey. Kylie on the other hand has some real snack making skills I will always give her credit for.

"Okay let me get a picture of the both of you so I can post it on instagram" Mom pushed me in without even touching me, I pulled myself up the counter alongside my cute baby sister True as we both held our very own cupcakes in hand

"That is so cute" Mom smiled, it's almost getting to the real smile everyone misses. 

I hadn't told anyone about my Teen Vogue appearance and I asked if Kenny could keep it quiet so I can surprise them and be like 'SURPRISE, I went out of my life plan and added fun to it' I'm the person in the family who has to have a plan for everything- I guess the OCD genes has been passed onto me too