ch. 8

nini's pov

i've spent the last hour packing a suitcase for spring break.

i know my friends told me not to come after the whole ricky situation, but after thinking things through i've decided i'm still going to go visit. I'm not going to get upset, i'm going to get annoyed. if i give ricky a reaction and let him get to me, then i'm giving him the power in this situation. and trust me, i'm not gonna give him the power. if he wants to completely give up on us then fine, but i don't want that to let me stop from visiting everyone else.

isabelle walked me out to the front of the school where my mum's were waiting for me "ahh i'm gonna miss you so much!"

"i'm gonna miss you too!" i exclaimed, hugging her.

"promise me you won't let that shit bag aka ricky affect you?"

"i promise. trust me, i'll be staying as far away from him as possible. i don't want to touch ricky with a ten foot pole," i laughed.

"good. oh you better go. i love you!" she said when my mum's pulled up.

"i'll call you as soon as i get back, alright?"

"you better! oh and take some pictures with zac efron and vanessa hudgens for me."

"issy, we've been through this," i laughed before continuing, "the movie isn't real life. they don't actually go to east high."

"yeah, yeah i know. alright, you really should go i don't wanna be the reason you're late."

"ok, i'll be back soon."

"see ya, neens."

I waved before getting into the car.

"you ready to go baby?" mama c asked.

"yep!"

salt lake, i'm coming for ya.

* * *

ricky's pov

"our school lunches taste like poison," big red complained.

"maybe they're trying to kill us," ej suggested.

"yeah cus that's totally legal," i added.

"oh shut up," kourt said to me.

i took a drink of my water to hide me rolling my eyes. ever since the whole nini situation kourtney has been so cold towards me. across the lunch table ashlyn tried but failed to hide her laugh.

"so did you hear that nini decided to come visit after all?" seb casually commented, playing with his food.

i spat my water out of my mouth in shock "w-what?! i thought you guys said she wasn't coming anymore!"

"i guess she changed her mind.plus you shouldn't be the reason she stays away from salt lake. i'd do the same if i were her. that's some queen shit," carlos sassed, giving me a look.

"so what i'm gonna have to hang out with her for a week?"

"you don't have to do anything," gina said, holding my arm that was around her shoulder tighter.

"i mean he does have to be respectful and kind. he can't just be a plain asshole to her," kourtney chimed in.

"ugh, this is gonna be hell," i complained.

"hey, you did this to yourself ricky," she said,

"yeah, yeah i know."

a week of seeing my ex-girlfriend who i basically gave up on. what could possibly go right?

* * *

nini's pov

"nini?" mama d called from downstairs. i've successfully unpacked everything in my suitcase and organized all my stuff. i really missed my room. i just have so many great memories here. well, mostly great memories. there was that one time where ricky said we should "take a break" when i told him i loved him.

"Yeah?"

"the bowen's are coming over for dinner, so you might wanna change!" she yelled so i could hear.

ugh of course they're coming for dinner. the universe really just loves to send me as many obstacles as fucking possible, huh?

ok time to get changed. since I've been at YAC my style has changed completely. it's probably all cus of Isabelle. she threw out half my clothes and took me shopping to "have a full fresh start."

um..what the hell do i wear to see a guy who i haven't seen in ages and he wants nothing to do with me? shirt and jeans? no too simple. um..a dress? no too predictable. do i just wear the stuff I used to wear? yeh no. um..oh! i've got it!

"thank's for coming guys!"

"are you kidding, thank you for having us. it's been a while since our families have had dinner together."

shit they're here.

i looked in the mirror one last time before leaving my room and walking down the stairs slowly. at the last step i finally looked up and made eye-contact with ricky. and let me tell you, the look on his face was priceless.

* * *

Ricky's pov

jesus. fucking. christ.

* * *

a/n:

i think it's fair to say nini chose the right outfit.