ch. 12

ricky's pov:

after mine and nini's conversation, we decided to have a movie night at my house since we haven't hung out in ages. her mom's left an hour ago to meet their friends so we had the house to ourselves.

"so what's been going on in your life? how's the conservatory?" i asked nini, pulling her even closer to me and shoveling a handful of popcorn in my mouth.

she turned down the volume on the tv so i could hear her better "better than i thought. it's hard, really hard, but i've made a really great friend. her name is isabelle and she's like an angel on earth. she's so sweet and smart. i think you'd really like her," she replied, smiling at the mention of her friend's name.

"do you ever miss salt lake?"

"every day," she sighed "that's why i wanted to come a visit everyone even though they told me not to."

"wait, they told you not to visit?"

"um yeah. our friends just told me how you um..how you didn't want to see me and that i shouldn't come."

i sighed, brushing my fingers through her hair "i'm so happy you didn't listen to them."

"i felt guilty at first. but i didn't want to not see everyone just because of you, sorry."

"don't be sorry. i shouldn't of been mad at you anyways. i was the one who messed up. i told gina i loved her when you were there."

her face fell and her body turned ridged. of course i mention. i'm a fucking idiot. if nini told some other guy she loved him for the first time right in front of me i'd be fuming.

"nini sorry i-"

"no uh it's ok."

i nodded my head "i'm sorry for bringing it up again."

"don't uh.. don't worry about it," she replied, looking anywhere but at me.

i tilted her chin up so she would look at me "seriously. i'm sorry for hurting you the way i did. you have to believe me when i say that i regret it."

"regret what?"

"hurting you. it was a huge mistake."

she paused for a second before replying "i forgive you," she breathed out.

"thank god," i smiled.

i couldn't help but look at her lips before meeting her eyes again, and when i looked up i saw her do the same thing.

next thing i know i'm leaning down, stopping only a couple centimeters away from her face.

"this is a bad idea" she muttered, tilting her head closer.

i nodded my head slightly "still bad?" i whispered, when our lips were about to touch.

"why are we like this?" she said, moving a little closer.

"i don't know," i muttered before connecting our lips.

fireworks.

* * *

a/n:

only took them forever.