ch. 16

nini's pov

"you-you what?" i stuttered, turning around to face him. he doesn't mean, right?

"i love you nini. not gina, you. and it was the biggest mistake to even try and convince myself that i'm in love with gina when really i'm in love with you nini. i always have been and i always will be."

"but ricky you belong with gina."

"no, no i don't nini. i belong with you."

"but you and gina are together, that's just how it is."

"but i don't want it to be that way. please nini. please don't go," he practically begged, walking closer to me so we were standing right in front of eachother.

"i wish i could but what about school?"

"you can go to school here. come back to east high."

"and gina?"

"i'll talk to her. i'm serious nini. i want to be with you and only you."

"and you mean it?"

"of course i mean it!"

"how do i know you're not just gonna go running back to gina?"

he put his finger under my chin so i was forced to look him in the eyes "because i'm in love with you nini salzar roberts. and i can't promise i'll never break your heart, but i can promise that i'm never leaving you again."

damn it im falling again "i love you too ricky."

he smiled in response before leaning down and kissing me. 

*   *   *

ricky's pov

"does this mean you'll stay here?" i asked hopefully once we pulled away for air.

"of course," she giggled.

"perfect," i replied before kissing her again.

"but we need to talk a little," neens said, grabbing my hand and leading her up to her room. 

"sure, what's up?" i asked, laying down on her bed and pulling her with me.

"we can't be so niave ricky. gina still exists. so what're we gonna do about that? i don't want to break her heart. so how are we gonna tell her about whatever this is," she said.

"well first of all, we should probably work out what this, us, is. are you ready for a relationship again?" i replied, pointing between us.

"of course as long as it's with you," she sighed happily.

"perfect. then can we just text her?"

"ricky!! of course we can't just text her!! that's such an asshole move to make!!"

i couldn't help but laugh at that "ok, ok i promise not to text her. maybe facetime?"

"ricky!" she burst out laughing.

"im kidding im kidding! we'll talk to her tomorrow ok?"

"ok," she sighed, "we can talk to her before school."

"sounds like a plan. in the mean time..can we bake your famous cookies?"

"you're such a big baby," neens said, taking her head off my chest and dragging us out the room towards the kitchen.

"by the way, how are you gonna tell your mums about your decision to stay here?"

"ugh i don't know. i guess i'll just have to talk to them tonight. they're at work right now," she said with a shrug.

"well if you need my help just call, ok?"

she smiled sweetly, hugging me tightly "thank you ricky."

"of course," i whispered into her hair "now can we make cookies i'm starving."

"you only ever think of food," neens replied, laughing.

*   *   *

nini's pov

"you're getting flour everywhere but the bowl," i told ricky.

"no angel i'm doing it right."

"this is my recipe. i think i know when you're doing it right or not."

"ugh fine, you do it."

"it's not my fault i'm just so fucking talented," i said sarcastically, flipping my hair dramatically.

"that you are. in the mean time, what should i do?"

"could you get out the vanilla extract and eggs please?"

"angel you realise vanilla extract is made from the anal glands of beavers right?"

"what. the. hell?! babe why would you tell me that!"

"cus it's a fun fact! it doesn't taste like it anyways. and it can't be poisonous, just a cool thing to know."

"yeah a fun fact that'll make me throw up."

"a fun fact that's not gonna harm you at all. how much do we need?"

"ew um one teaspoon. and two eggs please."

"these better be good cus you're making me eat beaver anal glands babe."

*   *   *

i just had to put in the vanilla thingy haha also sorry if this isn't perfect i was very tired when i wrote this 🤍