ch. 17

the next day

ricky's pov

"im so freaking nervous babe. what if she's mad at us and never talks to us again? i mean i basically stole her boyfriend," nini said.

"i promise it'll be ok angel. she'll understand. the quicker its done, the better ok?"

"ok. i hope you're right," she sighed.

"me too" i muttered.

* * *

nini's pov

when we pulled into the ESH car park it felt like my heart was gonna jump out of my chest. i can't help but feel so bad about the whole gina situation. i love ricky more than anything, but i still don't think this is 100% fair to gina.

"EJ texted me saying she's by her locker," i told ricky as we walked hand-in-hand up to school.

"you still talk with him?"

"uh yeah we became friends."

"are there any more feelings there?" he asked timidly.

"of course not baby. my heart belongs to this guy right here and nobody else."

"ok," he sighed with relief, "just checking."

we stayed silent the rest of the way until we reached the locker.

"oh there she is. should we both go, or just you?"

"um i think i should just go. i was the one who kind of ended our relationship so.."

"have fun," i sang, walking to my locker to put my books away.

* * *

rickys pov

ok we can do this. it's not like somebody is dying, its just ending a short relationship that probably shouldn't have even started in the first place. just play it cool.

"yo gina! can we talk?" i said when i reached her locker.

"yeah of course babe," she replied, smiling sweetly up at me.

i took a deep breath "gina um im so sorry but we have to break up."

"wh-what?"

"i got back together with nini. i finally told her i loved her and we got back together."

"so you're telling me that you told your ex girlfriend you love her and are now breaking up with me cus you realised you never truly loved me?" gina sassed.

"i- um- yes," i sighed, "i really did love you gina. but the way i love nini just isn't the same. im so sorry."

she nodded her head sadly "just promise me you wont break her heart again. otherwise you're loosing two of the best things in your life."

"i promise."

she sighed sadly "well i'll um i'll see you around maybe ba- i mean ricky," she muttered sadly before walking off.

now i feel like a jerk.

* * *

nini's pov

when i saw gina walk away with her hand hanging low, i couldn't help but feel like the worst person in the world.

"hey how'd it go?" i asked ricky.

"as well as it could've i guess. she wasn't mad like i thought she'd be."

"i'm proud of you babe. that couldn't have been easy."

"it wasn't. but it was for you so that definitely helped," he said, smirking and pulling me into a hug before kissing me.

"i love you so much."

"i love you more."

"oh by the way um how are we gonna tell our friends?"

"i don't think that'll be a problem.." he said, looking behind me.

i turned around and saw all our friends looking at us with their jaws on the floor.

"h-hey guys.." i said sheepishly when they came up to us.

"don't hey me girl! you didn't tell me!" kourt said.

"we only got back together yesterday," ricky explained.

"wait so you guys are dating again?!" seb asked excitedly.

"yeh we are," i confirmed, laughing at their reactions.

"MOM AND DAD ARE BACK TOGETHER!" carlos yelled so loud the whole school could hear.

"RINI IS BACK IN ACTION PEOPLE!" they all yelled.

"AH THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER" someone yelled, but i was too excited to tell who it was.

"i love you," ricky whispered.

"i love you too."

i feel like i'm on cloud 9.

* * *

a/n:

*insert interesting authors note here*