ch. 13

ricky's pov

stupid stupid stupid. how could i be so damn stupid?!

why the hell would i kiss nini when i have an amazing girlfriend. gina is smart, kind, talented, and beautiful. buuut nini is all those things and more..

ugh why couldn't my life be so much more simple. i can't help but wish that nini and i never broke up, although i guess it was my fault that we broke up in the first place.

alright ricky, when you next see nini you're gonna pretend like nothing happened. it was a one time thing, you just got caught up in the moment. it was one moment and nothing more.

you love gina, not nini.

* * *

nini's pov

well that went worse then when i told ricky i loved him.

after we pulled away he just bolted. he was the one who came to my house and practically begged for me to forgive him. he was the one who hugged me like i was his girlfriend. and he was the one who initiated the kiss. so please tell me where i'm going wrong in thinking that something was happening between us.

but no. i was wrong. again.

i guess we really will never be anything more than friends because everytime i think we could finally be together again, something (or someone) gets in the way. first it was me telling him i loved him, then it was ej, then it was fucking big red, and then it was gina. oh how i love the universe.

"he ditched again? jesus it's like deja vu."

"exactly! it's like all ricky knows how to do is hurt me. it's exhausting," i complained over the phone to kourtney, falling backwards onto my bed.

"girl you just need to go kiss a shit ton of buys at your boarding school til you forget about him."

"yeah i'm good.."

"nope. girl this is your hoe season!"

"kourt i love you but i don't think any guy would want to kiss me right now."

"oh shut up. girl you're the kindest person i know, you're smart, you're funny, you're incredibly talented, you have a heart of gold, and not to mention you're hot as fuck. so don't use that as an excuse," she sighed before continuing, "look, i guess you don't have to move on from ricky by dating other guys. but you do have to move on from him eventually. you guys were together again for less than a week and have already kissed. if i were you, i'd say 'bye felicia' and haul my ass outta the state and back to YAC."

i burst out laughing at her comment about leaving him and laid on my stomach, crossing my feet back and forth behind me "i wish it was that easy kourt."

"yeah.. you kinda can't do that. oh you could fake your death. you'd definitely never have to see him again," she shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly as if she didn't just suggest i pretend i died.

"yeah i don't think fake dying is the answer. i was thinking more in the direction of avoiding him."

"and i'm thinking in the direction of how to stay the hell away from him. we want the same thing. one of us just has better ideas."

"yeah, that person is me."

"uh no babe. my ideas are just iconic."

i shook my head back and forth playfully "girl you suggested i should fake my death. just so i wouldn't have to see him again."

"what can i say desperate times call for desperate measures."

"nini! time for dinner!" i heard mama c yell.

"oh kourt i gotta go my mum called for dinner."

"ok, i'll drop a fake body at your door tomorrow morning for you to use to fake your death. bye!"

so i guess i have two options:

1. fake my death

2. talk to ricky

* * *

a/n:

deja vu is a fucking masterpiece and has forever changed me and nobody can tell me otherwise. ha imagine being one of the people who said she'd be a one hit wonder 💀

also after writing this i realised that some parts (especially the convo between liv and kourtney) are def not for the little kids who read my books lmao. like i probably shouldn't be talking about nini having a hoe season but hey it's the truth so..