•01•

The war has begun in Marley. All you remember is the explosion and the screams from the citizens, trying to run for their lives, away from their impending doom.

You were in the stands when everything happened. The moment the Titan emerged from beneath the stage and ate the head of the Tybur family, you ran to find Reiner.

He would know what to do...

But he was nowhere to be found and you had no time to continue your search. Instead, you grabbed a gun from a soldier who had been crushed beneath some debris, needing a way to defend yourself or protect others.

You were a warrior candidate, but nothing had prepared you for this. Not the chaos and destruction you're seeing today.

You were labeled weak, therefore discarded and removed from the program at the age of fifteen when your health supposedly got weaker.

But you actually are completely fine... Reiner just told you to fake an illness so you wouldn't be the one to inherit the armored Titan after him. After hours of refusing, you agreed and pretended to gradually get weaker and weaker until the higher ups took you out of the line up. This hasn't stopped you from training though, you just won't be inheriting any Titan powers. Your hard work is now going to come in handy.

The first enemy you see from your hiding spot on the second floor of a restaurant is the legend himself, Levi Ackerman. Reiner told you all about the strong and fearless man with the cold eyes. He's going after Zeke's Titan, explosives in hand.

You have to stop him.

Your legs shake as you step onto the windowsill, getting ready to jump down onto the wagon full of empty potato sacks.

With a ragged breath, you take the leap and feel your ankles give in to the weight of your fall. It's not time to stop now though, so you push through the pain and hop down from the wagon.

Just as you check the magazine to make sure there's enough bullets, an explosion goes off near the port. Having seen Bertholdt in action before, you recognize the Colossal Titans power.

The blast heats up the air around you as a wave of wind hits and pushes your hair back. Looks like the Titan has taken out miles upon miles of innocent lives.

These monsters are destroying everything...

You have to stop them.

Pushing the fear to the back of your mind, you head off to take out Levi before he's able to hurt anybody else. Porcco was already taken out by him, and now he's onto Zeke.

You run up to Zeke and find Levi already slicing through his neck, the large beast Titan falling to the ground in front of you.

You stand in shock, not realizing Gabi and Falco are behind you with one of the guards pulling them back. Levi's eyes meet yours as you raise the gun in your hand. 

Before you're able to get a shot off, he drops an explosive into Zeke's nape. You can't move, even as the explosion goes off, ready to take you out with it.

Your eyes close, waiting for the impact, but the only thing you feel is two hands grabbing onto you and pulling you into the air.

On top of a building not too far away, the captain you've been warned about, looms above you, his blade at your neck.

"Don't move," he warns. "You one of the warriors?"

His eyes flicker to your Eldian armband, causing you to give him a hesitant nod. He looks out at the battle ground and then picks you up over his shoulder and flys up into the air, going higher and higher.