•15•

(Not edited because its 12am and I didn't feel like it )

"Titans..." you whisper in fear, knowing you have no way to defend yourself and from how badly the ground is shaking, you're positive there's more than one and they will be here in a a few minutes.

"Do you have ODM gear?" Armin stands up abruptly and approaches Jean who's pushing his chair back.

"No, these woods shouldn't have any Titans. The scouts posted around the area should've been the first defense. Do you think they've been wiped out?"

"I don't know," Armin stammers. "We need to get out of here."

"No shit," you head over to the door to pull on your shin-high boots and tie the laces quickly. "Might want to be quick about our, they're only half a mile away."

"How do you know?" Jean walks up to you, throwing on his jacket in the process.

"Part of my training had to do with identifying the distance of our enemies by sound," you specify.

Armin throws open the door and pushes your back to get you heading out the door. You look at the two horses and they seem to know the Titans are coming as well. They're bouncing around, shaking their heads and letting out short snorts.

"Ride with Jean," Armin instructs. "His horse can go faster with more weight."

"Got it," you nod, your heart quickening with each second, knowing any minute the Titans will be here.

You quickly mount the horse how Armin taught you and Jean gets behind you, taking the reigns and kicks the horses side roughly. The beast takes off at a fast pace, causing your muscles to tense up as you try to stay balanced.

"Hold onto the front of the saddle," Jean speaks beside your head.

You do as he says and it's slightly better, but your body is still being tossed around like a doll. Jean wraps a hand around your waist as he keeps hold of the reigns and it stabilizes you.

"We don't have time for you to fall off," he laughs.

Armin's horse comes up beside you guys and you glance over, seeing his worried expression. His jaw is set tightly as he bites down, but his eyes are wide like he's trying to figure something out.

"We just need to get out of the woods and then we can see if there's anybody with ODM gear at the checkpoint," Jean remarks.

"I don't think there's anyone there," Armin shakes his head. "They left with Historia."

"So we won't be near a wall for another hour or so?" Jean shouts in fear.

"Dammit!" Armin looks down, his eyebrows scrunching together in frustration.

"Can't you transform?" Jean stresses.

"No... I can't control it like that. I could take out everyone within a few miles," Armin's voice is now shaking. "I don't know what to do."

"Turn around," you state with an asserted tone.

"Are you insane?!" Jean growls into your ear.

"Only a little," you laugh nervously. "We need to get into the trees, as high as we can."

"How can we get up without our ODM gear?" Armin's tone falters.