•07•

"Hello Armin," she smiles, but it doesn't quite reach her eyes. She turns her body around and faces you and you realize she's very pregnant.

"What brings you here?" He steps forward, partially blocking your view of the beautiful girl.

"I came to see our guest," her empty blue eyes flicker to you. "How are you settling in."

"It's been a day, not really enough time to settle in. I don't plan on staying long either, so it doesn't matter," you respond coldly.

"Hey. Speak to the Queen with respect," the guard warns.

Queen?

"It's alright," Historia waves her hand. "I came to ask about your time across the the sea. A girl I know was brought there by Reiner and I was hoping you had some information about her."

"Who?" You cross your arms over your chest.

"Take a seat," Historia gestures her hand out to the couch and you obey, the girl sitting beside you. "You can leave us. You as well Armin."

"But-" He begins, but stops as Historia stares at him. He gives us a shirt bow and follows the guards outside the cottage.

"Now," she sighs. "Her name was Ymir. She was tall, short brown hair, and had freckles scattered over her cheeks."

You try to think back to when your comrades came home from the island and if you saw this girl Historia was talking about.

~Flashback to 4 years ago~

"Y/n," Porco enters your bedroom. "You coming tonight?"

You don't move from your bed, your eyes focused outside the window at the kids running through the street.

"I'd like if you came," he steps closer to your bed. "I mean, it's not everyday you can see someone take one of the Titan powers."

"I'm busy," you state bluntly.

"What? Busy missing Bertholdt? You really think that he would want you to stay stuck in your room forever?"

"You don't know what he would want," you spit.

"Whatever. I don't even know why I invited you. Have fun with your pity party," Porco scoffs and leaves you to your sorrows.

You haven't eaten or left your room for the last week. You're either asleep, crying, or staring at absolutely nothing. People have tried to get you to do something or at least eat, but you find a way to convince them to leave every time.

Wait... Porco mentioned he was getting a Titan power. Could it be Bertholdts? Is he going to get the Colossal Titan? You had no idea that they brought back his body.

You throw off your covers and struggle to put on a clean pair of clothes, fixing your hair so it doesn't look like you haven't showered in a week.

You follow the hallway out into the street, shivering as the cold air that hits your skin. You ignore the cold and make your way to the head quarters where the ceremony will be taken place for Porco to take the Titan.

"Y/n, I'm surprised you finally left your room," Colt cuts you off on the sidewalk. "Where are you off too?"

"Porco said he was taking the Titan power, so I thought maybe it was Bertholdt. Maybe they brought his body back," you feel a slight amount of hope in your heart.