•28•

(NOT EDITED)

You've spent most of your day cleaning your room, dusting off the wood, scrubbing the floor clean from all the dirt and copious amount of food crumbs under your bed.

It's probably closer to dinner time now. That snack plate Daniel had made you filled you up more than you expected, so you're just now feeling hungry again.

You've already out all your clothes away, keeping Sasha's in the bottom drawer, not feeling like it's your decision to do things with them. That should be mikasa's choice.

You've taken off the green Scouts jacket, now wearing the white button up and pants only. It doesn't look all that appealing, so you put on a brown skirt instead, keeping the white button up on.

After getting the room completely spotless, you lay down on the bed, placing your arm over your eyes and trying to relax into the soft covers.

The window beside you that sits in front of the desk is open and you can hear the birds outside. They sound much more peaceful than the ocean birds back home.

If you weren't trying to fix your sleeping schedule, you'd fall asleep right here and now. But in order to stay asleep tonight, you decided to get up and wonder towards the courtyard you visited last night.

"Running away?" You hear someone's voice echo down from the other side of the corridor.

Your attention transfers from the setting sun to Armin. From this spot, you're able to see the evening glow of golden light shining down on his face. He looks peaceful and warm.

"Of course," you lean against the wall, waiting for him to get closer. "Want to join me?"

"Huh?" He stops a few feet away from you.

"I'm kidding," your laugh drains out. "So what have you been up too?"

"Just talking about strategies," he shrugs. "We've been trying to get a meeting with Premier, but he won't see us."

"What for?" You start walking towards the bench from last night, armin following behind you.

"To see if we can visit Eren," his tone saddens. "They won't let us, but I feel like he'd talk to us. We're family..."

"Maybe he can't," you sit down, crossing your legs.

"Well I at least want to try, but I don't see that happening... Anyways, I heard you went shopping with Mikasa, how was that?"

"It was good," you nod. "I was able to find new clothes. It was weird wearing your uniform though," you play with the sleeve of the white button up.

"I bet," he laughs. "I remember wearing clothes from Marley when we were there. They were definitely different, but I liked them. I prefer our clothes though, they're more comfortable."

"You visited Marley?" You turn and look at him. "Other then the attack?"

"Yeah," he nods. "We went to scope things out. We were dressed in suits and they were kind of tight."

"That's what the Marleyan wore. Us eldians didn't get access to the nice things," you look down at your skirt, feeling like it was close to what you wore back home.

"I see..." he goes quiet, not sure what else's to say. "How about I take you to go see Annie tomorrow? I have business there, so I figured you could come along."

"Really?" You pipe up.

"Mhmm," he stands. "We'll be leaving before lunch. I'll come get you."