•05•

It's not long until you get bored and lay on the couch, thinking about all the things you could be doing back home. Which is why you ended up falling asleep within ten minutes of laying down.

Here in this cottage, all you can do is sit in the silence, trying your best not to get lost in your own head. It's harder than one would think to shut up the voices whispering about inside your mind.

Your eyes find their way back to the ticking clock on the wall, embarrassed to say you're awaiting Armins return. You figured sleep would speed up the process.

Maybe because you're curious as to how Annie is, or it could be because you're wondering what the surprise is that he's bringing back for you.

All you know, is that you'd rather have Armin here than Jean. Cant say for sure the reason, but all you can do is wait another hour or so...

It's starting to get dark outside, so you stand from your spot on the couch and open the door into the hallway, making your way to the front door to grab your clothes from outside.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jeans deep voice makes itself known from the arm chair facing the fireplace.

"To grab my clothes," you answer boredly.

"I'll come with you. Don't want you wondering off anywhere. You might get hurt," he smirks.

"If I'm lucky," you open the door and walk outside, Jean following closely behind you.

You turn the corner of the house and approach the clothes line, displaying with your outfit from home. It's the only thing you have left of that place. Although you're glad you don't have to wear the arm band anymore, you can't help but miss the familiarity of it.

"Hurry up, there are mosquitos out here," Jean swats at a flying bug near his face.

You pull the clothes off, feeling that they're still slightly damp. Looks like you'll have to place them in front of the fire so they don't smell bad in the morning.

The two of you get back inside and Jean takes a seat on the armchair, grabbing a notepad and pencil from the table beside him.

You lay out your shirt, jacket, and pants in front of the fire, hoping they dry before you go to bed so you can fold them.

Behind you, Jean begins to sketch something carefully. His eyes are glued to his notebook. You're curious as to what he's drawing since you too like to draw. Which is why you asked Mikasa to bring you some supplies.

"Isn't it past your bedtime?" He grumbles.

Your eyes narrow at him as you stand up from the ground, heading to the kitchen to see what other food is stored away.

Inside the cupboard are crackers, bread, oats, and raisins. Nothing too extravagant. But at least they're feeding you.

You grab a handful of raisins and head back to your room, taking the bed closest to the window and farthest away from the door.

You place a raisin between your lips and slide it onto your tongue, chewing slowly as you stare outside at the setting sun.

The field that used to be a bright and happy is now covered in a red hue, making it look blood stained. You toss a few more raisins in and begin to think about how this place used to be swarming with Titans.

Reiner explained that there were Titans everywhere all the time, but now that you're here it looks like things have changed in these past four years.

You open your palm and take hold of the last piece of fruit and bite into it while you slide under the soft covers of the bed.

Although you just took a nap, you can't help but feel the sudden wave of drowsiness hit you like a ton of bricks. Your eyes flutter shut, listening to the crickets begin their nightly song.