•23•

(SORRY, NOT EDITED)

"So, what have you guys been up too?" Hange questions both you and Armin.

"I've been going over a book with her. She's been reading one of my favorite novels," Armin answers for you.

"Do you like it?" Hange turn her attention over to you.

"Mhmm," you nod. "It's very relatable."

"I'm sure it is," she suckles. "I heard you saved Jean and Armin with your quick thinking. We could use some more peoples like you in the Scouts."

"I figured I owe them for saving me from that fire," you smile bitterly at Armin, but honestly, it feels more like a joke. Turns out you like teasing him.

Armins gaze meets you and practically feel his heart stop from across the dining table. His eyes widen slightly, his expression telling you to stop talking.

"Right," Jean chuckles nervously.

It's not like you didn't figure out everyone was in on it. They just have no idea you are aware of what they did. It's you and Armins little secret. It feels nice to have something you only share with each other.

You meek the secret of Armins lying issues and the fact that he covered for you. And he gets to keep your attempted escape and your mental state issues.

You're still trying to wrap your head around the fact that you don't remember brutally murdering someone. It's a complete blank in your memory and you're worried about that. It's not rare for kids raised in the warrior program to have psychological issues, but turning into a cold blooded killer is a new one. It's like it wasn't even you.

"Do you know where the Titans came from?" You ask suddenly, the thought entering your head out of no where.

"Well, we're not too sure yet actually," Hange scratches her head. "But you'll be safe inside the walls."

"Yeah I'm not going to hold you to your word," you give her a tight lipped smile.

"Probably shouldn't," she laughs nervously. "But it'll be safer than being outside the walls."

"I suppose," you shrug. "Is there any way I could get a free lace to visit Annie every once in a while. I know I shouldn't be asking you for anything else since you're already giving me more freedom, but I thought I would ask."

"I can see what I can do."

"Thank you, Commander," you stand from your chair at the dining table. "I think I'm going to go to bed now. Goodnight."

You carry onto your bedroom, heading someone's footsteps follow behind you. Once you're inside the bedroom, the door shuts behind you, revealing Armin who is leaning his back against it.

"I'm not going to tell them," he reiterates.

"I know..." you nod your head.

"I just wanted to make that clear so you don't need to worry. I promise I won't lie to you ever again," he steps closer to you. 

"How do I know that's not a lie?" You joke.

"It's not," he takes your hand in one of his and then uses his other too hook his pinky in yours. "I promise. No more lies."

It's a familiar feeling...a pinky promise. Annie had promised she'd come back to you, which you still have hope that on day she will.

"You have nothing to worry about," he squeezes his pinky around yours and then drops it. "We'll pack in the morning and hopefully be heading out by lunch time, meaning we'll be in Trost by dinner."