•25•

(NOT EDITED, SORRY)

Your footsteps echo in the empty hallway as you walk with Armin in the left wing of the headquarters. It's also known as the Dorm wing. It's where all the officials visiting Trost stay.

"Here you are," Armin's soft slender hand reaches out and twists the handle. "Mikasa sleeps on the right."

You scan over the room from the door way, taking in the room you'll be staying in for who knows how long.

"I'll bring up the books I picked out later," Armin points at the shelf to your left

"I'll bring up the books I picked out later," Armin points at the shelf to your left. "I'll also bring your bag. Mikasa said she'd take you shopping in the next couple of days as well, just so you can pick out the clothes that you like instead of wearing her old ones from a couple years ago."

"I don't want to trouble you guys. I'm fine with these," you pull out your shirt and examine the quality. "It's comfortable."

"But is it something you'd get for yourself?" He gives you a pointed look.

"Well, no probably not..." you shrug.

"Dinner should be ready soon. If you want I can bring it up to you. I didn't think that you would like to sit in the dining hall with everyone."

"I take it I'm not allowed in the dining hall with everyone else?" You sit down on your new bed.

"It's not that you're not allowed, it'll just be easier if you're not around all this people. Some aren't... um...comfortable with you being here," he rubs the back of his neck nervously. "But they won't hurt you, of course!"

"Sorry, but I find that a little hard to believe. You said I'd be free to walk around without needing you to follow me, but it sounds like I might need a bodyguard after all," you kick your feet out that are dangling off the bed. "If you don't think I'm in any danger, you wouldn't have suggested I eat in my room."

"You're not in danger," he reassures. "But that doesn't mean people won't have some things to say. Not all of them know you like I do. And how Mikasa and others do. It may take them a while to warm up to you, that's all."

"How am I supposed to get them to warm up to me if I'm not allowed around any of them?" You cock an eyebrow curiously at Armin.

"You'll have other chances, like when you start working with the laundry staff. Which I believe you can start tomorrow, unless you'd like some time to adjust."

"I'll see how I feel tomorrow," you scratch at your knee. "So I'm just going to be locked away in here until I can be escorted places by either you or the others?"

"Well when you out it that way... it sound like you're being forced to. You're free to roam around the property, but we just want to make sure you don't run into anybody-"

"I can defend myself," you cross your right leg over your left. "I think I made that clear earlier."

"You can... I know that first hand but if you do what you did to me or that guy today, you'll be locked away. The people that will confront you are wanting that sort of reaction because they want you in a cell," he sits down beside you, a sigh escaping his lips. "All they know of you is that you're their enemy. They haven't seen or heard what I have. They just need time."