•33•

(NOT EDITED)

The headache comes on fast and you're overwhelmed by the pain. You place your palms on either side of your head and squint your eyes closed.

"Y/n!?" Daniel takes hold of me as I start to fall forward.

"My head," you groan.

"Let me take you to the infirmary," he suggested but you shake your head.

"Take me to my room please."

Daniel supports your body by holding you up with his grasp on your waist and his other hand on your arm. You keep your eyes shut as he leads you back into the brightly lit hallway and you don't open them until you're in your room.

Daniel sets you down on the bed and the  shuts the curtains. You open your eyes slowly, the headache still pounding in your skull.

"What happened?" Daniel sits across from you on Mikasa's perfectly made bed.

"I- I don't know. I started to remember something and then this excruciating pain came out of nowhere."

"But did you remember saving me?" His attention peaks as he looks at you.

"Yeah..." you nod. "That day... I think I was taken..."

"Y/n!" Armin bursts through the door, panting and staring around wildly. "Are you okay? Someone said Daniel..."

"She got a bad headache," Daniel stands up, rubbing his palms on his pants like he's nervous. "I took her back up here."

"Thanks," Armin doesn't spare him a glance, his attention only on me.

"She remem-"

"I'm okay," you interrupt, not wanting to talk about the confusing memory that resurfaced just moments ago. "Probably just a headache due to the stimulation of having my vision back."

"You need to take it easy," he walks up to your bed and and gently pushes your shoulder, causing you to lay down on the pillow. "I have her now, you should get back to work."

"Y-yes, Sir."

Daniel leaves the room, looking back once more and then disappears down the hall. Armin pulls the blanket around me after slipping off my shoes.

"Maybe you shouldn't come tomorrow," he sits on the edge of the bed and places a cloth over my eyes.

"I'm fine," you slip the cover off and look at him. "It's just a little headache."

"That's not what one of the MP's said. They told me you had to practically be carried up here," he narrows his eyes. "That doesn't sound very little to me."

"I was just caught off guard," you turn your head and place your cheek on the pillow, looking at the wall.

"Well just rest and then we'll see how you feel tomorrow," he pats your leg and stands up. "I'll check on you later."

"No need," you look back up at him. "I'll be okay."

"I'm going to be back," he reiterates and then walks out the door, shutting it softly behind him.

You let out a deep breath that you had been holding in while Armin was there. You feel very confused right now and don't even know where to begin with telling anyone about this memory. You need more answers before you can discuss it with anyone.

That man... he had taken you to the edge of Paradis.

~Flashback~

You've been sitting on the wooden port for hours, afraid to go anywhere. Maybe your parents will find you... You don't want to go anywhere because they could be looking for you.