•39•

"Come on," Nile calls, pulling Falco behind him.

You catch up with them, but still look behind you, hoping you'll see Armin at least one more time, but he's no where to be found.

"We need to find Gabi," Falco stops just as we exit the building we had been being held captivate in.

"We will," you stand beside the two boys, looking around for any sign of her or a familiar Marleyan solider who won't shoot you at first sight.

"This way," Nile cocks his gun and heads down a side street, trying to make it seem like we're his prisoners still.

You look around, hearing gunshots and screams. This is a war and you feel very vulnerable, not having an weapons. But your only focus is to get the kids to Colt.

"Stay behind us," you hold onto Falco's arm and keep him behind you as you stare at the soldiers down the street. There is fire closing in on you and you're starting to panic because there's no way to avoid the Jaegerists.

"What's the matter?" Nile looks down at Falco who's staring at the corner of the wall.

"It's just brother..." Falco whispers and you turn around quickly, spotting Gabi and Colt.

"Thank god," you mutter to yourself as relief washes over you. Gabi is safe and with Colt, so that's one less thing you have to worry about.

"I'll detain these prisoners of war in one of these homes!" Nile shouts at the soldiers, grabbing Falco and I by the back of our shirts.

He pushes us towards Colt and as we turn the corner, we see Gabi holding his gun, trying to keep him from using it on Nile.

"This is no place for a child," Nile looks at Falco. "Go back home you two."

Colt and Gabi stand up and Falco joins by their side, while you look around for Armin. You're just praying you'll see him once more. The goodbye you had wasn't good enough for you. You wanted to be held one more time. To feel his touch on your skin.

"Mister Nile, thank you!" Falco turns and waves at the man.

"Tell Armin something," you pull onto Nile's MP jacket.

"Y/n! Let's go!" Colt orders.

"Tell him to remember where I want to spend the rest of my days," you smile. "I'll be there waiting for him."

"Will do miss," he smiles. "Stay safe."

Colt, Falco, and Gabi run on ahead and you catch up as they make their way through the sides of buildings. Eventually Colt finally stops once you're far enough away from the Paradis soldiers.

He crouch's down and pulls Falco into a hug, leaving you and Gabi to stand and watch. You're not sure how she's feeling about you, but you pull her into a hug anyways.

"I'm glad you're okay," you rub your hand over her hair.

"I'm sorry," she mutters into your stomach.

"Gabi..." Colt turns around. "Why did you trust the enemy?"

"What?" She looks past you towards Colt. "No, I...."

"This way!" A familiar voice sounds, causing Colt to push Falco and Gabi into the building beside us and then pulls on your shirt.

"Quick, we need to hide!" He states.

Gabi and Falco press their backs against the wall while Colt holds you against the door, keeping it blocked.

"The flames haven't spread here yet," you recognize the voice to be Niccolos.