•31•

(NOT EDITED)

You wake up to the sound of voices, but obviously you can't see anything, so Armin and Mikasa continue talking as if they don't know you're awake.

Your head is resting on something soft and your left arm is draped over Armins stomach. You know because his stomach slowly rises every time he breathes.

"Eren is gone and so his Floch and the other Jaegerist," Mikasa mutters with worry in her voice.

"I'm sure Eren knows what he's doing," Armin sighs. "Do you think we could talk about this later? I really don't want to wake y/n up."

"You really do care about her, don't you?"

"I mean... wouldn't you want someone you know is on your side in a place like this? She's away from home and doesn't have anyone," Armin explains and you try to keep still as you listen.

"That's not a straight answer," you hear the smile in Mikasa's voice.

Your neck is starting to get sore now that you're aware of your position, so you decide that you should go ahead and move before you cause more discomfort for yourself.

"Oh, are you awake?" Armin sits up slightly, making it obvious you were resting your head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, sorry. I hadn't realized how tired those pills make me," you okay with the bandages on your head and notice the end piece is peeling off.

"Here," you feel Armin sit forward. "Mikasa, can you go grab fresh bandages from the medical room?"

"Yeah, I'll be right back."

You hear the door open and close, then Armin starts to unwrap the bandage that is around your head. You sit patiently and once he gets the last one off, you can see a faint amount of light through your eye lids, but you force yourself to to open them.

"How's the pain? You were asleep for four hours, so it might be time for more medicine," he touches one of the cuts surrounding your eye.

"Four hours?" You mutter in shock. You had thought it was only around thirty minutes. "I'm sorry, you could have woken me up."

"No, you looked peaceful. Well... and when I moved a little you kind of wrapped your arms around me so I couldn't leave," you hear him scratch his head. It's something he does when he's shy or embarrassed you realize.

"I'm sorry," you play with your fingers.

"Don't be. I had nothing else to do and like I said... You looked peacefully."

That had been one of the only times you had fallen asleep and hadn't had a dream that causes you any fear. It was relaxing and you just now realize that you feel very well rested.

"Are the wounds bad?" You ask as Armin rubs his finger over the skin around your eye.

"Not too bad." His breath tickles the small hairs on your face. "They should heal soon. Just make sure you don't open your eyes yet."

"Wasn't planning on doing that any time soon," you laugh lightly and place your hands on your hair, trying to make sure it looks okay after the bandages came off.

"I'll be right back, don't go anywhere."

Before you can reply back with a sarcastic remark, Armin is already out the door and you're left by yourself once again.

Not too long later, the door opens and closes again. The bed dips down and you hear a bowl being set on the nightstand.

"Just stay still, okay?"