3. 𝘖𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘢 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘛𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫

May 29, 2018

THE NEWS OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THE BATHROOM SPREAD LIKE WILDFIRE THROUGH CAMP.

Olivia happily walked alongside Percy, Alice, and Annabeth, the latter of whom was still soaked. For some reason that Olivia couldn't place, Annabeth refused to change.

They showed Percy a few more places, like the metal shop, where Hephaestus' kids were forging swords, or the arts-and-crafts room, where satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of Pan. They also showed Percy the climbing wall, shaking violently as boulders and lava shot down.

Eventually, they returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins.

"I've got training to do," Annabeth said flatly. "Dinner's at seven-thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall."

"Annabeth," Percy sighed, "I'm sorry about the toilets."

"Whatever."

"Annabeth," Olivia called warningly.

"It wasn't my fault," Percy huffed.

Annabeth looked at him skeptically, and Alice sighed. "I'm gonna go talk to my dad," she said, and it was evident in her tone she was trying to get away.

"See you later, Alice," Olivia said, waving as the other girl walked away.

"You need to talk to the Oracle," Annabeth told Percy.

"Who?" Percy asked.

"Not who," Annabeth told him. "What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron."

"The Oracle may be dead, but she's still a person," Olivia said, narrowing her eyes. She hated it when campers disrespected her father's Oracle.

Percy stared at the lake, then waved. Olivia smiled softly as she looked down at the naiads.

"Don't encourage them," Annabeth warned. "Naiads are terrible flirts."

"They're sweet," Olivia defended, waving as well.

"Naiads," Percy repeated, looking completely overwhelmed. "That's it. I want to go home now."

Annabeth frowned. "Don't you get it, Percy?" she asked. "You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."

"You mean, mentally disturbed kids?" Percy asked.

Olivia glared at him, her lips fixing themselves into a pout. "I'm not mentally disturbed," she complained.

"I mean not human," Annabeth corrected Percy. "Not totally human, anyway. Half-human."