11. 𝘖𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘢'𝘴 𝘍𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘛𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

June 20, 2018

THE REVEAL THAT OLIVIA WAS HADES' GRANDDAUGHTER KIND OF PISSED PERCY OFF FOR MULTIPLE REASONS, INCLUDING THE FACT THAT THERE WERE SO FEW HINTS.

In moments like this, he could always just go back and look at what the obvious signs were and feel dumb for not catching on. But Olivia had left so few signs, he struggled to tell what they were.

Was this what the Oracle had warned him of? Hades being Olivia's grandfather? Surely, she would've been trying to sabotage the quest to keep them away from the Underworld. Had she been so desperate to get them to turn around because she knew they'd find out?

Annabeth grabbed her by the arm and held her tightly. "What are you talking about?!" she demanded. "Olivia, this isn't a time for games!"

Olivia pushed Annabeth back slightly. "It's not a game," she said, "I'm serious."

"But how did we never know about-" Grover said, terror on his face as he realized what was happening.

"Does that sound like the kind of thing you wanna advertise to the world?" Olivia questioned. "You didn't find clues because I wasn't trying to leave any!"

"Then why tell us now?" Percy asked.

"Because I knew that once we were here, it'd come out one way or another.

"Oh, gods," Annabeth breathed shakily. "Hades?!"

Olivia nodded.

"But-but how?!"

Olivia frowned and turned to walk up the path. "My mom is his daughter," she said. "I told you."

Annabeth shook her head. "But... that's impossible," she insisted.

Olivia removed an arrow from her quiver, one not made of celestial bronze or that weird silver bow that came from a hair clip she put in her pocket. It was dark as midnight and it gave a powerful aura of death, the metal of the Underworld. "Well, clearly not."

"But the great prophecy," Grover protested. "How is your mother-"

"She was seventeen when the oath was made," Olivia said, not turning to look at anyone. "She-oh, my gods. That was in 1942. Im such an idiot!"