5. 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘺 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘖𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘢 𝘵𝘰 𝘑𝘰𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘘𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐭𝐨 𝐉𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭

June 11, 2018

PERCY HADN'T HEARD FROM OLIVIA ANWORTH SINCE HE'D BEEN CLAIMED BY POSEIDON. She hadn't even come to see him when he got moved into his own cabin the next morning.

And in all honesty, he hated it. He had the Minotaur's horn, one set of spare clothes, and a toiletry bag to move into the cabin, his own dinner table, the chance to pick whatever activities he wanted, and he call "lights out" when he wanted to.

And yet, he hated it.

It felt like the home he'd found in cabin eleven had been ripped away from him and he'd been forced into isolation. Nobody mentioned the hellhound thing, but Percy could sense them talking about it behind his back. The attack had scared everybody. It sent two messages: one, that Percy Jackson was the son of the Sea God; and two, monsters would stop at nothing to kill him. They could even invade a camp that had always been considered safe.

The other campers steered clear of Percy as much as they could. Cabin eleven was too nervous to have sword class with him after his how badly he'd hurt the Ares kids in the woods, so his lessons with Luke became private. Luke started to expect more of him now, and now he was less afraid to bruise Percy up some.

"You're going to need all the training you can get," he told Percy while they worked with swords and flaming torches. "Now let's try that viper-beheading strike again. Fifty more repetitions."

He kind of missed Olivia, too. Annabeth still taught him Greek in the mornings, but she seemed distracted. Every time Percy said something, she scowled at him. Olivia used to jab at her for gainful rude before and mumble something, but now she wasn't there to do it anymore. Occasionally, Alice Rosario would show up, talking nonsense and referencing some Netflix show her and Olivia watched.

After lessons, Annabeth would walk away muttering to herself: "Quest... Poseidon?... Dirty rotten... Got to make a plan..." and Alice would hum a song that gave Percy the vibes of some kind of 1980s synth music as she followed her.

Even Clarisse kept her distance, though her venomous looks made it clear she wanted to kill Percy. Honestly, he would've taken her trying to beat him up over her silence.

But now, with strange dreams and fear lingering in his mind, a summons to the Big House had not helped him. Given he was the son of one of the gods who wasn't supposed to have a kid, he figured it was a crime for him just to be alive. The other gods had probably been debating how to kill him, and now Mr. D was ready to deliver their verdict.