4. 𝘖𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘺 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘐𝘵 𝘘𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘴

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐭 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬

June 6, 2019

IF IT WEREN'T FOR OLIVIA, PERCY WOULD'VE PROBABLY STRANGLED TANTALUS.

She always seemed to be looming whenever Tantalus tried to mess with him, and apparently, she was enough to scare whatever skin was left off his bones. Maybe it was a Hades thing. He did seem to recognize her despite her not showing any sign she knew who he was before he got to camp.

Even then, the next few days weren't all that great. Tyson had moved into the Poseidon cabin with Percy, giggling to himself every fifteen seconds, "Percy is my brother?"

"Aw, Tyson," Percy tried to explain. "It's not that simple."

But Tyson didn't seem to get it. As far as he was concerned, he'd achieved Elysium. And Percy couldn't help but feel...

Ashamed. Embarrassed.

There. He admitted it. He was embarrassed. It was like his first week at camp all over again. The campers had gone right back to treating him like a laughingstock.

It was one thing to know that cyclopes were Poseidon's children, but it was a completely different thing to know they were Percy's siblings by that rule. He'd never actually realized that until Tyson was in the next bunk from his.

And that drew Percy back into something he'd thought he'd escaped when he was here. The endless teasing and the terrible taunts. He'd gone from Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon and hero who'd retrieved Zeus' lightning bolt last summer to that one sorry son of a bitch who had to call the hideous ugly monster his brother.

"He's not my real brother!" Percy tried to tell the other campers. "He's more like a half-brother on the monstrous side of the family. Like... a half-brother twice removed, or something."

No one listened.

If he was being honest, Percy was pissed with Poseidon. Being his kid had suddenly turned into a sick joke.

The girls tried to make him feel better. While Alice was always either tormenting Tantalus or staring at Percy (for some reason), olivia was kind enough to swallow her pride and take Tyson around camp once in a while. She didn't seem too keen on being left alone with him, but Percy appreciated the sentiment nonetheless.

The morning after they arrived at camp, Olivia and Annabeth had a brilliant idea: Annabeth and Percy could team up for the chariot race.

"I mean, your dad created horses and her mom made the chariot," Olivia said. "You guys would be fantastic."