Struggle

TW: Blood
   I'm very uncomfortable when I wake up. I'm sitting up right and my neck feels strained. I can feel the tight ropes on my hand as I pull on them. I try and move my feet but tight rope holds them too. My eyes are slowly adjusting to the dark. I'm alone. I think. I see a table in the corner with a lamp. That seems to be it other than some storage things. Another chair. Shelves. It would look like a normal work basement if I wasn't strapped to a chair.

   My back feels wet and sticky. My head hurts. I try popping my neck to release some pain. I clench my hands in to fist and curl my toes. I move as much as I can. I don't want to forget the sensation.

   I sit alone for god knows how long. I start to think of ways to get out. He has to be faster and stronger than me. I can be smarter and more flexible. Then it hits me. Dean. I won't be home. He knows I wouldn't just blow him off. He'd call the cops. People will know I'm missing in no time. Does that mean the killer dream will kill me faster?

   While I'm thinking I hear the door unlock. I see some light shine through. It has to be early in the morning. I flinch at the brightness. "Watch your eyes" the murderer says as he flips a switch. It's not much brighter but it makes it easier to see things "you're little stunt back there was nice thinking. 'Fire' never heard that one before. I left her and got you. People did come to investigate, but we were out of there by then. Guess you got what you wanted. She was found. Then the weirdest thing happened. I got you situated and went back upstairs to go to sleep. Then I saw the news was on. I saw a picture of you with the heading 'George Davidson Missing'. It was like 2-3 hours and they knew." He tells his anecdote to me as he walks over to his table. I try and see what he's grabbing but it's all pretty blurred.

   "Why is my back sticky?" I decide to ask against my smart comments I could've made.

   "I hit you. Hard. You bled. You deserved it. Who's Dean?" Okay asshole.

   "Wow thanks. What do you know about him?" Giving information about Dean could put me in more danger or worse it could put him in danger.

   "Not much. He was supposed to meet up with you. You didn't show. They found the body by your work he assumed the worst. He was right of course, but I'm not ready to just kill you to get them off my back." He sure does talk a lot, "Tell me about yourself George."

   "Why? You're just going to kill me anyway." I need to think of something to say to keep me alive longer.

   "Yeah but depending on what you tell me can change on how painless it is." He looks at me with a small knife. "For example stabbing you to death with this would take an awfully long while. You're too far to see but it has tiny hooks on the side to really get into the muscle and just pull it out." He runs his finger along the edge while tilting his mask.

   "Well why don't you just figure out things about me?" He can't end his game with knowing nothing. If I don't tell him he has to keep me alive to figure out.

   "Stubborn. British." He chuckles and sets the knife down "Smart. You care about what you look like. That's what I know about you right now, but sure. I want to know more."

   Perfect. A little more time. A little more hope. A little more struggle. I didn't notice that he came up behind me till he pushed on the back of my head tilting it down. He pokes at where it hurts the most and I wince with an inhale.

   "You need stitches. I don't have anything to numb it, but I do have drugs." He goes to his table. He dips his finger in something and walks over to me. "Open." He commands. I don't. I stare at him and tighten my lips. He groans and pinches my nose. I'm running out of oxygen I fight so hard to go against my instincts but I give in and gasp. He sticks his finger and wipes whatever on my tongue. It tastes like I chewed a sleeping pill. I spit and try and get as much out as possible. It doesn't work. By the time the tall man grabs the thread and needle I'm out of it. I don't feel a thing. I feel asleep and soon I am.