Priorities

Dean's POV

   I read George's text and something stood out to me. We were at a party when I first met George. I called him confident and he said, "I never get cold feet."

   "Even if you're afraid you're going to break someone's heart?" I persist trying to find a flaw.

   "That would be the worst thing I could do to someone. Putting off the inevitable. Ugh. I would never do that. If I ever say I got cold feet something is wrong." He made fun of the saying.

   In fact he made fun of the saying plenty times. He thought it should be hot feet because hot concrete is much more unbearable than cold. He also thought cold feet reminded him of chicken feet and those just look weird. I know something is wrong. I'll help you George. I'll be there. At 2:45 I'm at his house.

George's POV

We pull into my home. Dream pulls the blind fold off of my eyes as we pull in and I see Dean's car. I sigh of relief. It's 2:50. We're still early.

"Rules. Everywhere you go I go. You clear the story with Dean he leaves. You get clothes and whatever else you need which you have to clear with me. Then we go home. Got it?" Dream interrupts my thoughts.

"Got it." I have to go back to help him right?

I open the car door and my heart flutters. I can see the real sun and the ugly grass. I take a deep breath and cherish this. Dream and I head inside.

My home smells like my cinnamon candle wax burner. When Dream shuts the door behind him I'm greeted with a hug. I gasp but upon smelling the lemony cologne I hug back immediately. I run my fingers in his black hair. I appreciate the genuine nice human contact. Something Dream could never give me.

"I missed you so much," Dean mumbles into my neck, "I was so worried." I run his back to try and calm him. I pull away and lead both men to the living room to actually converse and not trap my kidnapper.

"I missed you too Dean-" I start

"Have you seen the news? Is this who you were staying with did he see the news? Did you get cold feet because you met him? I know all of your friends and I have no clue who he is. What happened to your cheek?" I remember the new scratch. I noticed Dean reached for the TV remote to turn on my TV. He emphasized cold feet so I know he got my message. I don't know how to answer all these questions.

"No and.." I don't know what to call him. His first name was on the back of the postcard. Collin? Clinton? Clifford?

"David." He holds and hand out and smiles. The facade is really convincing. Dean shakes his hand.

"Met at a bar. I got drunk." I point at my cheek to try and explain it " and we just really bonded." I see Dean's feelings are hurt, "as friends. We've just caught up and slept a lot. You know how my hang overs get. I just need you to know I'm okay. Me and my cold feet." We both chuckle at the joke.

"Well I'll call the police and clear it up. God I'm going to sound like such as idiot. I'm glad to see you're okay. Do you want to have that private talk now?" Fuck. How was I going to talk to him with David next to me.

That private talk about how I want to date Dean. How he wants to date me. How we're going to have a good relationship normally. Where I won't be trapped in a basement. Where I won't get stabbed. Where I won't get manipulated. Where I won't get hurt. Because I don't deserve to hurt. I choose me as a priority.

"I'm sorry. Thank you." I look at Dream. He's still smiling, but definitely more fake like "I like you too." I say as I look at Dean. I earn another hug and while I'm by his ear I whisper, "help" I barely even hear it.

Then I hear an almost silent, "I will" he lets me go.

   "As much as I would love to hang out with you, which yes definitely first date soon, David and I are going to hang out for a couple more days." I say as I guide him towards the door.

   "Okay. I like you George. I'll see you soon." He kissed my unharmed cheek before he shuts the door and leaves.

"I thought you said you didn't have a TV." Dream turns the TV on making sure it works. Oh. My heart sinks. I didn't think about that.

"Well it didn't matter anyway because he doesn't know that I ever went home so-"

"You lied to me. Why?" This could be my way to stall.

"Dream it doesn't-" I start but I did expect to get interrupted.

"It does matter. Let's get your clothes." We walk to my room with a Walmart bag, and awkward silence. I wonder what the hell is taking so long.

By the time I have a couple outfits and underwear. I try to think of what else I could need that Dream doesn't have. He reaches for the front door handle as we go to leave. No I can't. This is my house. My domain. I run for the back door which is never locked. I have a wood fence so I run to my gate that unfortunately was closed. With nothing to slow Dream down I underestimated how fast he moved. By the time I'm trying to open the gate hot breath is on the back of my neck and a large hand meets the front.

"Please. Just let me go. I'm sorry I lied to you." He will think I'm just sad about lying. Just worried. He won't know I've been planning this. I hear very distant sirens.

"Why do you keep doing this? I can't keep making excuses for you." He let's go and opens the gate for me, but holds my hand. I don't have the strength to take it away and run to a neighbor, but I do have the strength to stall. I sit. "What the hell are you doing? This isn't exactly moving you higher on the list." He drags me. I stay silent and continue to have the help of gravity to pull me down. The sirens are getting closer and Dream finally realized. He yanked me up and grabbed me. He threw me and everything else in the back of his sedan. We speed off before the cops are close.

Dean has his face and his number. However I don't think I'll be alive to thank him for trying. I sit up in the back and look out the back window seeing my home, then neighborhood disappear in the distance.

"Put this on." Dream throws the blindfold at me. I wipe away my wet eyes before putting it on and laying down in the back. What am I going to do to stay alive now?

Dream POV

What the hell am I going to do now. He has my face and my number. It's fine. Hundreds of men are tall, dirty blonde, with green eyes. I throw my phone out the window, but not before I text Sapnap to get me a burner phone. Why did George betray me? After he said he was going to help me. He just solved everything though. Tonight he dies. I'll hide his body though. If the last person he was known to be seen with was me I don't want him to be found.