Boys will be

As the door bell continues to ring frantically we both look towards the front door. If Sapnap needed in he would've rang it once. Whoever this was is angry. I give a confused look to Dream and notice one on his face towards the door. He takes his arm away from me and I cradle into the couch and sink in it just imagining that Dream never left.

I see Dream look through the peep hole and he laughs loudly. "Oh George you're going to love this." He says as he opens the door. I sit up but I hear the door slam into the wall and some shouting.

I immediately shoot up and run towards the door. I See Dean pinning Dream against the wall. Dream is smirking. Not only does Dream have at least 3 inches on Dean, but he's literally a skilled killer. I have to break Deans heart. I have got to lie to him or else someone will kill him.

"-and you may fool everyone else you fucker, but I know-" he's shouting at Dream. Spit is flying out of his mouth.

"Dean!" He stops and looks at me. He's shocked. He moves from his position with Dream and walks quickly towards me. He grabs me in an embrace and kisses me. Shit. I push him away. I see Dream shutting the front door.

"George you're okay." This is going to hurt the both of us. Dean was a good friend of mine. He was good to me. I don't want good. Not anymore. I can't be around something I'm not. I can't have that facade anymore. 

"Of course I am, you weirdo." I shoot him a look of disgust. I catch a glimpse of Dreams facial expression and it has too much for me to process.

"Well he- he lied about his name." Dean defends his worry showing. Your feelings are valid Dean, but if I tell you the truth you'll get all of us in trouble. "His name is Clay not David."

   "David is his middle name." I make eye contact with Dream who is wearing a poker face, "What's your deal?" Dean looks at me dumbfounded as I question him.

   "But- but- the cold feet, the help me, I- I-" He's shaking. If he cries I will break. Again. I don't hurt people. I'm not hurting him. This is the only way I can help him. Admit it George admit everything. Go to the police. Lie to the police. Tell them Dream and Sapnap made you. You don't have to be in trouble too. I shake these thoughts from my head.

   "Cold feet is a figure of speech-" before I can defend the other point that I don't know how he interrupts me.

   "That you never use! I know you George! I know that you've changed a lot since the last time we've spoke." He's right. He was right. He did use to know me.

   "A lot has changed me Dean. I can use the term cold feet." He steps away from me.

   My heart breaks just a little for not just Dean, but the old George. The George a day ago. The George who changed too soon. The George that wanted a normal life with Dean. The George that cared. The George that everyone knew. I like this George. The new George. Even better I think Dream likes this George more.

"That's not the point George. You asked me for help. Let me help you." Let him help you. This will be the last time he tried to comfort me.

"No get away from me Dean you weirdo. Gosh I can't believe I ever liked you. You're so annoying. It was a joke. Of course I saw the news, so I joked with you." I slowly sees tears fill his eyes and his heart start to break. "I mean god. Did you actually think I could ever like you completely?" He starts backing up to the door more. "You're too safe. You have no sense of adventure. You don't know anything about me. Not anymore." He's back at the front door. Dream is giving him the smuggest smirk.

"You don't mean that George." His voice was shaking.

"I wouldn't have yesterday." He furrows his eyebrows at my snarl towards him.

"Has he changed you George? What'd he do to you? Just tell me. I'll understand. I'll help." He sounds like me. I know he could never accept me now. I know he could never help. Besides I don't want it.

"Yes I have." Dream interferes to Dean's right. "I just showed George a more fun side. A more adventurous. I showed him how to be blood thirsty." If looks could kill Dean would be dead. Dream is acting kind of jealous.

"I don't want to hear it from you." Dean could kill Dream with his looks.

"He's right Dean." I defend. I never would have done this before. What has changed?

"Wow." Dean rolls his eyes. "If you are anything George you are not a liar" he fiddles with his fingers and then makes desperate eye contact, "Since you're not a liar tell me the truth. Was it him that made you stop liking me?" He also knows I'm up front. Break his heart. Protect him.

"Yes." Dean drops the eye contact immediately and goes to open the door.

"Forget about me George." The door is open.

Dream makes eye contact with me. I know what he's asking. Do I want to leave a loose end? Do I leave a broken boy? He hasn't done anything to die. He's not a bad person. I connect the eye contact and shake my head. With no more words Dean leaves.

"Wow. I didn't know you had it in you." Dream heads back to the living room.

It's the first time I've ever snapped at someone in so long. I curl and uncurl my fingers trying to come down from my Adrenalin rush, "Had what?" I maintain my place near the door.

I hear him come up behind me, "To hurt someone mentally. To lie."

"I normally wouldn't have, but there's other people I need to help. He will be fine." I sigh in relief, "Besides it wasn't a complete lie." I hear him breathing behind me.

"My middle name isn't David." He's whispering in my right ear.

I lean my head back against his chest and chuckle, "I think you know that's not what I was referring too." His hands find my waist and I feel his breathing speed up.

I find comfort in his embrace. I have no clue for how long we are there, but it's just us. I would look up in his eyes before trying to get closer to his chest. He smelled of cologne. Really good cologne. His cotton t-shirt was soft against my arms. Occasionally I would rub my hand up and down the shirt to have more touch.

With his hands still on my waist I turn around and face him, "What is your middle name?" My hands are placed on his chest.

"Ew it's Micheal." We both giggle a little at his disgust towards his own name.

"Clay Micheal..."

"Woods." He finishes. I hum as acknowledgment. "I'm going out tomorrow. Do you want to come with?"

"Go out wher-" Oh. To help him. Do I want to do that again? Can I? I don't want to disappoint him. "Sure."