The Facade

I accidentally burst out laughing with a wheeze. I notice George is upset, but my laugh kind of makes him smile he looks beautiful. "You can't be serious? Remember the last time I let you anywhere but here. I also don't see how that would help me in the slightest." I slowly die down.

   "I'll tell Dean that I went to the bar with a couple of my friends instead. I dropped my phone leaving for work. I stayed the night with my friends. Then I went home and couldn't contact anyone because I didn't have my phone." Man he actually has a pretty good plan.

   "How did you not see the news?" I find a hole in his plan.

   "I don't have a TV." Huh. Okay. Seems believable. "I just need Dean to come to the house."

   "Do you know his number?" I ask pulling out my phone. He gives me a number and I create a contact, "what would you say?" I ask ready to type to him.

   "Hey Dean, sorry for blowing you off. This is George. I lost my phone so I'm using my friends. I got cold feet. I'm actually ready to talk to you this time. Meet me at my house at—whatever time you want." I click send changing the time to 3 pm. It's a little later, but George needs to look presentable.

   "Here's the plan. We will leave at 2:30. You need to shower. I'll get you clothes, but first you need to rest for a couple hours. I'll wake you at 12:00 that's in a couple hours." I motion him to either his old chair or the metal bed.

   "I can't sleep in those. I'm not tired enough to fall asleep uncomfortably." He said looking at them.

   "I'll get you a pillow and blanket for the metal bed, but I'm tying you up first. I won't let you pull that little stunt like last time." I stand up and motion him to the metal bed.

   "But-"

   "That's final" I cut off George's protest. He lies on the metal bed, I make the first loop around his right hand.

   "What if I slept with you?" I stop. I remove the first loop. I walk over to the metal table and grab a blind fold. I put it over his eyes. I grab his hand and lead him upstairs.

   I try to confuse him as best I can walking through connected rooms multiple times. We finally end up in my bedroom upstairs. "If you want to sleep with the blind fold you can keep it." I let go of his hand and go over to a bracelet on my desk that has a bell on it and put it around the door knob. I notice George has took the blind fold off, "I'm a light sleeper." I comment.

George's POV

   I remove my blind fold to see a queen bed with grey sheets. A night stand on either side of the bed. His walls are pretty clear other than a framed letter. I can't read from how far I am. There's 2 doors connected which I assume is a closet. Another door that is cracked a little so I see bathroom tile. There's a desk with a computer and a laptop. They glow yellow? There's a lamp on the desk. There's a face down picture frame. Some books, pens, and a figurine or 2 also on the desk. Nothing I can use. I take my shoes and socks off and let the carpet and air feel good on my trapped feet.

   "What side do you want?" Dream snaps me out of my comfort.

   "Um I don't care." I say and I watch him sit down on the side closest to the door. I go to the opposite side and lie down as close to the edge as a I can and face away from Dream. I feel him lie down. We lay like this for a few uncomfortable minutes.

   "Thank you." I say quietly in case he's asleep.

   "For?" He's definitely not. Probably holding off till I sleep.

   "For letting me sleep in a bed. For not keeping me down there. It was kind of you." I genuinely mention.

   "Ha. You think I'm kind?" I'm still facing away from him but I know he looked at me as his voice got louder.