Regrets

I suggest doing "Future me how was it?"

    I wake up in the familiar basement. I'm not tied down to the original chair, but it did hold me while I slept. I still felt fatigued. I looked around and found the dirty blonde at his desk with all his weapons. I noticed an envelope at the corner of the table.

   "How'd you sleep?" He asks with some fucking audacity.

   "It probably would've been good if I wanted to sleep." I turned to leave.

   When I get to the door a long arm is placed blocking me from leaving. I glare at the man and he doesn't seem to care. None of him seems to care. He carries a blank expression on his face.

   "Let me leave." I force the eye contact. It used to make me feel intimidated, but now I feel strong.

   "I can't." He's not a talker today.

   "And why the hell not?" I cross my arms and he moves more infront of the door.

   "Because I'd regret it." He turns and I hear him lock it. Fantastic.

   I go and sit in the chair. He heads back to his table. We sit in an uncomfortable silence. He's not in the mood to talk so unfortunately I have to.

   "Why would you regret letting me go? You've done it before." I roll my eyes that he doesn't look at, but he can probably hear it from across the room.

   "No I didn't. You left. Then I found you going to do the one thing that would ruin everything, and not just for me." I hear him writing something, but I don't look.

   "I wouldn't rat out Sapnap." I put more venom in those words than I meant to.

   "But you'd rat out me?" He turns around and I accidentally met his eyes feeling that intimidation.

   "I needed to clear my head. I needed to get rid of my guilt. All the gui-"

   "Regrets. You had regrets. Strong ones." Oh wow we're back to cutting each other off.

   "Yes Dream. I'd regret everything I have done so far. So I was going to turn myself in and maybe that would've led to you." I don't know when, but my eyes started to water.

   "Everything huh?" He takes steps near me, "Do you regret what we did?" He looks more solemn now.

   I look away and blush immediately. I cover my face with my hands. The truth is no I don't. I take a deep breath and move my hands. Dream has moved to sit where I had looked away. He has puppy dog eyes. "No." I finally answer.

   "Me neither." He places his hand on my cheek and the intimidation has fallen away. He kisses me quickly and then walks back to where he was working.

   "What?" This man does not know how to keep peace.

   "What?" He doesn't even look at me.

   "You're mad at me then you kiss me." I stare at his back.

   "You were mad at me, then you weren't, now you are again. I'm glad we're communicating our feelings."

   I scoff, "Sorry I just thought we were having a moment."I finally look away and towards the door, "Why'd you lock me in here if we aren't going to talk?"

    "We're going to do more than talk." I hear him stack papers together. He taps the stack to line up edges.

   "What do you me-" oh.

   He holds the tape recorder.

   "Any last words to an unforgiving world?" He points to me once he clicks the button.