Loose Ends

I woke up in the morning feeling lethargic. I remember my last stay at my house. I was hungover. It was never as comfortable as it was with Dream. When I exit my room I'm reminded of him. I'm reminded of when I told him I didn't have a TV. I felt my life flash before my eyes.

In order to get a better sense of normal I throw my laundry in. Everything that was once at Dream's house finds its way in my washer. The tumbling is loud, but it acts as white noise to distract me from my thoughts. I lost my phone when I met Dream, so I got bored after cleaning my isolated apartment.

My thoughts about Dream consumed me. He knew where I lived. He knew how to find me. Why didn't he? He must have noticed I was gone. I'm not sure if I'm happy he didn't, or if the only thing I wanted was for him to chase me. It was something he was fairly good at anyway. Maybe he just need to be alone like me. Alone to think. He always seemed to cloud my thoughts and judgement. I just need to work through my regrets at the moment and maybe he needs the same thing.

To distract myself I turn on my TV. It was left on the news station. It did not help distract me. The headline read, "24 year-old Dean Williams Found Dead by Dream". Surely this is a mistake right? Dream wouldn't do this. Dream wouldn't do this, because I chose not to. I get that Dean was a loose end, but I was gone for less than 24 hours. He wouldn't do this to me. I didn't get to say goodbye. I didn't get to apologize. The last thing Dean must have known was that I lied. I regretted lying to him.

I turn the TV off and rest my head in my hands. Was I going to seek him out? Tell him this wasn't what I wanted, and if he knew me he would know that. We hadn't known each other long, but this was something he knew. He knew Dean still meant something to me. This is all my fault. He must have thought I ran to him. He did go look for me, but he found Dean. Dean who already knew too much.

This had gone too far. I was going to turn us in.

First I needed to call my mom. This would probably be the last time I spoke to her without the disappointment. I threw a quick outfit in the dryer and when it was dry I ran to the nearest gas station. I got a burner phone. I called my moms phone when I got home.

"Hello?" She sounded worried like she was expecting terrible news.

"Hi mom." I said as I sat on my living room couch. Tears were already threatening my eyes.

"George?" She shouted at me, "We have been worried sick. All of us. Your father, sister, and I. Are you okay? Police reached out to us. It's good to hear from you."

"Honestly, I'm not okay, but I will be. I want you to know that I love you and I'll visit as soon as I can." I avoid dropping soon, because I know I'd be lying.

"Sweetie, I hope it gets better. I'm here for you no matter what. You should visit for your birthday! We can go to your favorite restaurant like always. It'll be wonderful. Your sister has been pestering me about missing you and wondering when you will be back." I couldn't continue this situation for much longer without bawling.

"Tell her" my voice threatened to crack, "I love and miss her. She will see me soon. I love you mom. I promise I will come back no matter how long I'm away."

"Are you sure nothing is wrong?" She always knew me best.

"Yes thank you mom. I love you." I don't want to say goodbye.

"I love you too. See you soon." This was the last time I would hear her voice till she was defending me.

"Goodbye." She ended the call.

I sigh and refuse to cry. I decide to save the officers the trip and start a walk to the police station. It was just outside of the neighborhood. I exit my house and walk slowly. Since I had woke so late the sun was already beginning to set. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't notice when a familiar car pulled up next to me.

"Get in the car George." I hear the sweetest voice.

"No." I continue walking I can't tell him where I'm going.

"I'll take you home. I just want to talk to you." He keeps up with me.

"I'm not going home." I keep my stare forward. When I look at him I'm too lost.

"I know your home is the other way. So where are you going?" He seemed to think for himself. I guess my silence spoke volumes. "Get in the car George." He demanded. His voice was still perfect, but his voice had an edge to it.

"No." I kept walking.

"Get in the car, or I'll make you get in the car." Surely he wouldn't. He wouldn't do what he did to me the first time we met.

I kept walking. His car stopped. I thought he was just turning around, but he was just breaking my trust. Before I know it I'm thrown into the back of his car. I definitely wiggles as much as I could, but he was bigger and stronger than me. I go to open the door, but the child lock was on and it didn't open. As Dream is getting in the driver's side I try to crawl up as fast as I can, but I'm not fast enough. Just like when we first met I fall asleep with a harsh hit that graces my head.

A/N: This was almost the last chapter. There will be another perspective of the ending and maybe an epilogue. If you notice a grammar or spelling error don't forget to point it out. Thank you for the support.