Without You

Dream's POV (Hours Before)

   I had George in my back seat. Just like old times. He was going to out me to the cops. That's the only thing he could do going the way he was walking. I had to knock him out. He can't keep getting in my way.

I pull into my driveway and repeat the steps I did when we first met. I carried him into my house. Down to the basement and put him to the chair. I debated tying him down but decided against it.

I go to my desk and start writing.

Hey Sap,
I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I know that if I heard you right now there would be an I told you so. I wanted you to have an out. Go and live your life. You're like my brother and I'm sorry things have to end this way. Make some great memories. You're my best friend. You're the reason I went on. Some people just have their limits. Maybe if someone changed their limits. Be me or be George. Things could've been different, but they're not. This had to happen. George was going to go to the police. You're right. You shouldn't get attached, but don't think I haven't noticed you being a hypocrite. I know you're attached to someone to. I wish you the best. He's starting to wake up now. Thank you for everything.

Love,
Your brother

I write To:Nick on the back so they don't look at it. I slid the letter into an envelope as I heard George groan. I set it to the side and continue on my next one. I hear George stretching and moving around.

Police officer welcome to my home,
I think you're pretty glad to have finally caught your serial killer. You couldn't have done it without me. I've killed around 30 people. I promise all of the ones with their eyes gouged out are mine.

   As I think what to say next I ask George, "How'd you sleep?" I genuinely care.

    "It probably would've been good if I wanted to sleep." He gives a snarky remark. I turn my head and see him walking over to the door.

He's not fast enough and I put my arm over the exit so he can't leave. I look at him. I want to give in. I want to give him everything, but I would regret it. I have too many regrets.

   "Let me leave." He orders me. He's angry. I can tell he's having a hard time reading my emotions.

   "I can't." It sounded more monotone than I meant for it to.

"And why the hell not?" I'm so sorry.

"Because I'd regret it." I turn and I lock the door.

He turns and sits in his chair. He's pouting like a three year old. I go back to what I was working on.

   "Why would you regret letting me go? You've done it before." That hurt.

"No I didn't. You left. Then I found you going to do the one thing that would ruin everything, and not just for me." For Sapnap. For you.

I thought that would be the end of it. I continue writing my letter to the police

... No one else would copy me. No one else could handle it. It's finally over. Hope you enjoyed the show.
See you in your dreams,
Dream :)

"I wouldn't rat out Sapnap." He snarls them at me like that would be so unbelievab. Like he didn't kiss me and then leave and try to tell the cops.

   "But you'd rat out me?" I snap at him. I just thought we had more.

   "I needed to clear my head. I needed to get rid of my guilt. All the gui-"

   "Regrets. You had regrets. Strong ones." I felt bad for cutting him off, but guilt and regrets is exactly why I'm doing this.