L a s t M i n u t e

It was the last day before competition and the Abby Lee Junior Competition team was not ready. Not even in the slightest. They had 30 minutes before they had to get on the bus and the group dance, well it hadn't even been started. To put it in retrospect, Amelia solo and the trio were pretty much made to win, Sarah solo was decent, Gia had a solo and the group hadn't even been started! And the moms were mad. Especially seeing that Abby was once again working with Amelia on her solo, at this point they wouldn't even have a group dance! So they went downstairs to sort it out.

"Abby! Why are you working with Amelia this much? Your actual team hasn't even started their group dance!" Was probably not the best opening line from Joanne, but she never did care what Abby thought of her. Abby went to wave her off saying that she'd do it once Amelia's solo was done, when the girl spoke up.

"Miss Abby, would it be okay if I got a drink? I'm a little exhausted," It was then that Abby realized that she was treating Amelia like she did Maddie when she was younger, and all she got because of it was a burnout dancer who didn't want to dance anymore. She didn't want that for Amelia, she never wanted this child to lose her passion. So Abby sent her out and finally brought in the dancers for her group routine.

|| The moms might think that I'm doing this for their children but really it's for Amelia's sake, they don't tell me to do anything! || - Abby Lee Miller

"5,6,7,8!" Abby started to count them in with the music, forgetting that they really had not learned a single step, and stared at them in pure horror when they all just stood there, frozen like statues. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOUR MOTHERS BEGGED FOR THIS REHERSAL AND NO ONE'S EVEN DANCING?" At this point Abby didn't care about the mothers, or producers, she just wanted a group of dancers that she genuinely enjoyed to watch dance. At the moment her Junior Elite Competition Team was not that group.

|| I don't know why Abby expects us to know a dance that she hasn't taught us? || - GiaNina Paolantonio  

|| A dance teacher normally teaches dance, not yell at children for not knowing dances that haven't been taught to them! || - Stacey Ketchman

It was embarrassing for Abby to watch her team stumble through the easy choreo they had been given. It wasn't much, seeing as she had left it last minute in an almost literal sense, mostly turns and kicks but the girls really seemed to struggle with it. They struggled so much so that Abby took it upon herself to call Amelia back into the room, so she could be an example with the choreography. That did not help anybody. It just made everyone, Amelia included, embarrassed. 

|| Is Amelia really all that better than our kids? Like really, is she so good that Abby feels the need to shove her down our kids faces twenty four seven? Seriously? || - Ann Colin

|| It's not fair! She's been here three weeks and she's getting, solos, duets and trios! I've been here for three years and never get treated like that! || - Lilliana Ketchman

So while the the moms were upstairs pouting and the girls were learning their group dance, the boys had taken it upon themselves to get to know each better. It wasn't going great. It was a lot of sitting down and waiting for the other to start a conversation, it was like this until Max got bored of sitting still so he got and told Brady to watch him. He then performed what Amelia had dubbed 'The Mad Max Head Slide' which was really just a head slide but it had a cool name. This led to at least five minutes of Max trying to teach Brady how to do it and then just general hip hop. The two hadn't spent much time together so it was nice. What they didn't know was that a sneaky producer was watching them, taking notes about their hip hop abilities.

The Junior Elite competition team had not fully run through their group dance, they had learnt all the parts but they were yet to connect them all but Abby chose to spend the last fifteen minutes working on the solo no one, not even her mom, expected to win. GiaNina's.

To say that GiaNina was good at hip hop was a stretch. She was not bad, but Abby' kind of hip hop could make even the best hip hoppers look, like losers. So when Abby specifically requested to choreograph Gia's routine the moms were skeptical, especially when Abby told them that they wouldn't see her costume until the competition. Which meant it probably wasn't the best.

"C'mon Gia! Are you just a pretty lyrical dancer? Nothing more?" Abby was yelling as Gia attempted to really break out of her little box, it wasn't working, but that didn't mean she wasn't trying! There was evident frustration on everybody's faces, the dance just wasn't right. It was bad. Really bad.

|| Maybe, if Abby stopped yelling at me and started working with me like she did with Amelia, the dance would be going better! || - GiaNina Paolantonio

Maybe if Gia was given an extra five minutes, the dance wouldn't look so last minute but you know, you don't always get that extra five minutes. Especially when Abby Lee Miller is involved. Because Abby was currently in a mood, she requested they wait outside for the last five minutes, instead of actually working with her dancers, like a normal dance teacher would. But Abby Lee Miller was not like other dance teachers.

|| It's 5am! It's freezing! And Abby banishes us to right outside her nice, heated studio! WHY? || - Michelle Georgiana

||In this moment all I want to do is go back to sleep! || || Nobody deserves to be awake this early, especially around some of these mothers! || - Amelia and Sandy Hatchet 

"Dude, why are you still practicing? It's five in the morning!" Max exclaimed whilst staring at Sarah who was running through her solo almost full out. Sarah was a little shocked seeing as Max hadn't really spoken to her, which was strange seeing as he had spoken to everyone else, she just assumed he didn't like her. 

Sarah just continued to practice and muttered back to him, "If Abby isn't going to isn't going to help me, I just have to help myself," Which was the sad reality for Sarah. Abby didn't particularly like her, her mom wasn't a dance teacher, so she had to do everything by herself. Sarah just continued to run through her dance when she started to hear Max whispering to himself.

"Don't sickle that foot, keep your chest up, straighten you knees up," It was odd. Normal people don't start randomly muttering dance terms under their breath. Sarah came to a holt and just stared at him. He looked back. It was like the world around fell quiet and they just look at each other, one in distain, the other in confusion. 

Sarah raised an eyebrow, "What are you doing?" Her and Max weren't friends, they had never even spoken up until now! What gave him the courage to just start critiquing her? That definitely wasn't normal, most dancers wouldn't even think to help a competitor, it didn't matter if they were on the same team or not.

"Well, I figured that you might want some help, from a dancer, is that alright?" He said the words so sweetly, but it didn't sound fake, it sounded like he genuinely cared, "I can stop if you want, I just thought that it could be good for you to have an extra set of eyes," Sarah considered this for a moment, then smiled and nodded. 

"So, can we go from the top?"

Lowkey hate this chapter, it's so filler it's not funny!  And it's so short! UGH! But I needed a chapter inbetween now and the comps, so this'll do. So, what do we think the competition will be like? Also are you guys liking the little, like episode teaser chapters? Because I really like them cause they help me figure out the plot for each episode, but do you guys actually read them? 

Question: Do you remember the mirror message from last comp? Who do you think it was from and do you think it was important?

I love each and every one of you please remember to:

Vote

Comment

And Follow!

Peace Out Girl (and other) Scouts!